Take off from Helgoland: Arado 95 float plane (FSX)

peer01

Erwin Welker's Arado-95 in the beautiful Helgoland scenery. I completely forgot I had the payware Helgoland scenery, but I re-found it in a drawer. I'm happy to have in installed again.

FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration

Freeware Arado float plane (model with wheels included)

Payware Helgoland scenery

Please click on the pics for a better view:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

-04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Thanks for looking!

GREETZ!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantastic shots there! :pilot: Who you going to obliterate with that bomb attached? :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another beautiful photo essay Jan. Well done. If you lose the top wing for any reason (as in trying to go below a low bridge etc.) you can say you have upgraded your plane to an Arado 196. Just a thought.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gerard, thanks, it's not THAT Northern, not too far from the Dutch North-Sea Islands. And i switched to summer.:)

David: joke from the designer I think, can't imagine you fly with a torpedo and a machinegun with a civil reg...

Khalid, thanks for your comment! :) von Peerhovens NEVER loose wings you hear!! :mad:

David: I think I'll meet some ships to practice.....

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So you've finally come to terms with your penchant for water landings and have chosen an appropriate aircraft. :)

A very fine one too. :cool: Now don't go scraping up the floats by trying to land on gravel. Stick with what you do best. :rolleyes: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

• 3 months later...

Hello,

May I ask for some advice regarding 95's water take off? (I've the same file as per the discussion here).

No matter how gradual I apply the power, the engine blows up a few seconds after the plane starts moving; however, the same phenomenon doesn't occur w/the land-based 95, which takes off O.K. under full power (but the plane does have a tendency to veer/bank right once airborne).

Is there something I didn't do to prep the float plane prior to take off? I've look around the cockpit and there are only two levers-throttle & mixture-that are actionable, and no switches for opening/closing cowling or trim adjust are visible, either.

Any pointer would be appreciated. My thanks to all for taking the time to read the post.

David

So you've finally come to terms with your penchant for water landings and have chosen an appropriate aircraft. :)

A very fine one too. :cool: Now don't go scraping up the floats by trying to land on gravel. Stick with what you do best. :rolleyes: -- Bob

I couldn't have said it any better!! Now we'll hear reports of float-planes landing on the tatmac all over Europe!! :p:p BTW: Nice scenery!! Did you steal it? ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.