1/2 Scale wood model

briancar89

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking of making a half scale (roughly) bi-plane for my yard, nothing too elaborate, but based off the Curtiss Jenny. I'd be using 2X4s or something similar for the frame, and then plywood for the wings and the larger pieces of the fuselage and tail. Once it's all put together I'm going to paint it, and hopefully get some lights for it. I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen anything similar to this? I've looked for ideas and plans online but all I can seem to find is plans for 1/6 scale designs for RC planes. Maybe I'm just not using the right words to google, or looking in the wrong places?

Thanks!

How "roughly"? 2/3 scale? https://buildandfly.shop/product/early-bird-jenny/ . It's tube and fabric but that's about as realistic as it will look.....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I'd love to see some pictures of whatever you decide to do............Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.