Expect No New Releases

Kapitan

I was wishing for a much promised Caravelle by Just Flight

or 707 by captainsim

but what developper would serioulsy invest on addon when MS Flight is on alpha testing?

No more new planes folks

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I was wishing for a much promised Caravelle by Just Flight

or 707 by captainsim

but what developper would serioulsy invest on addon when MS Flight is on alpha testing?

No more new planes folks

A dangerously ill thought-out view, based upon a lack of knowledge. In the past fortnight I've got the new T-37 Trainer from SWS and (at very low cost!) a brand new Piper Super Cub from A2A.

To name but two. Got my eye on the Clipper next. After that there will be at least two further releases from A2A...

MS Flight? Are they resurrecting that?

Actually, the new sim under development is just that, won't be available for some time, and won't stop development for X-plane or P3D, and probably not for FSX either -- people are still bringing out new stuff for FS2004 -- so the answer is: At least some developers will bring out new stuff, although by autumn, perhaps near the time of release for MS Flight Simulator (the new version), the amount of new stuff for FSX may get less.

They didn't stop development for FS2004 when FSX came out, though there was less of it. They didn't stop development for FSX when P3D came out, though there was less of it. Think about it...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

It is amazing to me how many times I read in various forums that the new MSFS spells the end of all other flight sims and there will be no new development as users AND developers wait for the new sim.

Amazing that anyone really believes this but they keep posting.

Developers are still developing and all is moving forward as usual - we just have something new on the horizon but it's just in tech ALPHA folks - not even close to beta - so lets cut down on the panic in the streets please.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Developers are still developing and all is moving forward as usual..

I know three pretty big aircraft add-on developers and the FSX/P3D/X-plane sales are really plummeting. At least for those three it has become a question of survival until they can start developing for MSFS. Development for the 'old' sims is down to an absolute minimum.

Until you name those companies, I will allow myself to state that you have just made that "fact" up.

Do you believe that any company would be happy if it would be publicly mentioned that they are struggling to survive?

Think what you want, but you will notice this 'made up' fact in the coming month/years.

In other words, you have no idea.

That is just what we hear everywhere - rumors and hype.

There is nothing concrete, nothing tangible, nothing you can hang your hat on in all the talk about this rumored new simulator.

If I am to believe that this product actually will materialize, then I want to see a price, hardware requirements, a release date, a method of delivery, whether it will be open architecture so third-party manufacturers actually can produce add-ons for the USER to install, or whether all add-ons have to come through Microsoft, whether this product is to be cloud-based, whether pricing is going to be subscription-based and so on and so forth.

As long as all this is up in the air, then all we have is vaporware. Microsoft has proven to be very good at that in the past.

Jorgen

I have no problem with some people believing in rumors... that says more about them than about me.

What I want to see, and what is sadly lacking in the discussion about this rumored new simulator, is cold, hard, tangible fact.

And that concept is seemingly beyond your grasp.

I will point out that you started the slinging of mud here.

Jorgen

Again, and to repeat myself, you have made a statement about "3 add-on manufacturers", and have failed to back it up.

FYI, all sales for personal consumption, from everyone and for every category of products, drop dramatically every year in January.

As for insulting, you began it by saying this: "Looks like you simply can't accept the fact that there are people who actually know more than you do." That is to me very insulting, and you can consider yourself lucky that I have not reported this to the forum administrators. They will see this anyway.

Jorgen