Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Expect No New Releases

Blog Entries

Default Expect No New Releases

I was wishing for a much promised Caravelle by Just Flight
    or 707 by captainsim

but what developper would serioulsy invest on addon when MS Flight is on alpha testing?

No more new planes folks
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    I was wishing for a much promised Caravelle by Just Flight
    or 707 by captainsim

but what developper would serioulsy invest on addon when MS Flight is on alpha testing?

No more new planes folks
    A dangerously ill thought-out view, based upon a lack of knowledge. In the past fortnight I've got the new T-37 Trainer from SWS and (at very low cost!) a brand new Piper Super Cub from A2A.
    To name but two. Got my eye on the Clipper next. After that there will be at least two further releases from A2A...

MS Flight? Are they resurrecting that?

Actually, the new sim under development is just that, won't be available for some time, and won't stop development for X-plane or P3D, and probably not for FSX either -- people are still bringing out new stuff for FS2004 -- so the answer is: At least some developers will bring out new stuff, although by autumn, perhaps near the time of release for MS Flight Simulator (the new version), the amount of new stuff for FSX may get less.

They didn't stop development for FS2004 when FSX came out, though there was less of it. They didn't stop development for FSX when P3D came out, though there was less of it. Think about it...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

It is amazing to me how many times I read in various forums that the new MSFS spells the end of all other flight sims and there will be no new development as users AND developers wait for the new sim.

Amazing that anyone really believes this but they keep posting.

Developers are still developing and all is moving forward as usual - we just have something new on the horizon but it's just in tech ALPHA folks - not even close to beta - so lets cut down on the panic in the streets please.

Vic
    P3D Rig
    I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by vgbaron View Post
    Developers are still developing and all is moving forward as usual..
    I know three pretty big aircraft add-on developers and the FSX/P3D/X-plane sales are really plummeting. At least for those three it has become a question of survival until they can start developing for MSFS. Development for the 'old' sims is down to an absolute minimum.

Name them?

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    Name them?
    Why? And I doubt that it's signficantly different for other add-on companies. You will see a noticeable decrease in new releases this year for the old sims.

!!
    Last edited by johnfwhiting; 01-12-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Until you name those companies, I will allow myself to state that you have just made that "fact" up.

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    Until you name those companies, I will allow myself to state that you have just made that "fact" up.
    Do you believe that any company would be happy if it would be publicly mentioned that they are struggling to survive?
    Think what you want, but you will notice this 'made up' fact in the coming month/years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast