Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: Virtual Cockpits?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Virtual Cockpits?

    Hi guys,

    Does anybody know if the FS2020 will come with Virtual Cockpits? I fly FSX with trackIR 5 and can't imagine flying it any other way!!

    Oscar

  2. Default

    I hope not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    6,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bam1220 View Post
    I hope not.
    I hope so. Like Oscar, I use TrackIR. It boosts realism a LOT. Even without TrackIR, I never cared much for the so-called 2D "cockpits" -- really just a picture of a panel.

    Larry N.

    As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

  4. Default

    Yes I think it's a given. 2D only would be a giant step backwards.

  5. #5

    Default

    VC's look super cheesy. Usually very cartoon looking...re fake. As mentioned, a good 2D is usually photo realistic and the flat 2D panel resembles, you guessed it, a flat real panel. Shocking thought, I know.

    Unfortunately the whole VR thing - very unrealistic - has taken over and the world of tacky VC's has replaced all those beautiful 2D panels of yesteryear.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    VC's look super cheesy. Usually very cartoon looking...re fake. As mentioned, a good 2D is usually photo realistic and the flat 2D panel resembles, you guessed it, a flat real panel.
    ...the world of tacky VC's has replaced all those beautiful 2D panels of yesteryear.
    I'm not sure if these are tongue in cheek comments, but I think so since there are simply no flat panels IRL and you usually don't sit at a 90deg angle in front of the panel, except the Ryan NYP.

    It's absolutely beyond me how someone can call a VC cheesy and cartoonish. Contrary to 2D panels I've seen a lot of VCs which can't be distinguished from real cockpits.

    2D panels maybe (still) ok for IFR only trainers without any scenery, but for any other simulation they are real immersion killers. Can't imagine landing any aircraft in an acceptable realistic way with a 2D panel.

    I'm quite sure that not a single real pilot will agree with your opinion about the stone age 2D panels in a sim.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pzl 104 View Post

    I'm quite sure that not a single real pilot will agree with your opinion about the stone age 2D panels in a sim.
    I only know one real world A320 captain and he uses FS9 and 2D panels for the same reasons I do.
    Mark Daniels

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv, USA.
    Posts
    4,416
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I can only fly WITH a VC now.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    I only know one real world A320 captain and he uses FS9 and 2D panels for the same reasons I do.
    Which reasons? You didn't post a single one.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    I hope so. Like Oscar, I use TrackIR. It boosts realism a LOT. Even without TrackIR, I never cared much for the so-called 2D "cockpits" -- really just a picture of a panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzl 104 View Post
    I'm not sure if these are tongue in cheek comments, but I think so since there are simply no flat panels IRL and you usually don't sit at a 90deg angle in front of the panel, except the Ryan NYP.

    It's absolutely beyond me how someone can call a VC cheesy and cartoonish. Contrary to 2D panels I've seen a lot of VCs which can't be distinguished from real cockpits.

    2D panels maybe (still) ok for IFR only trainers without any scenery, but for any other simulation they are real immersion killers. Can't imagine landing any aircraft in an acceptable realistic way with a 2D panel.

    I'm quite sure that not a single real pilot will agree with your opinion about the stone age 2D panels in a sim.

    No flat panels in the real world? Huh? Unless they curved...? Seemed pretty flat when I flew in the little Warrior 2 back in the day. ** headscratch.

    ALL VC’s are cartoon like. Haven’t seen a good one yet. The milviz 350 a good emample. The VC like many others - looks like it’s made of play dough.
    Just the result of the different format / model thingy for displaying I guess . 2D have much better ability match the real thing visually using photos. edetroits panels being a good example. Just a shame he hates the flightsim world enough to not share them. Sad person.

    But remember we are using it on a flat screen. VC Doesn’t translate well unless we had a real hardware instrument panel in front of us sitting inside a virtual bubble screens or visuals. Bubble boy.

    The whole planning thingy and ridiculous head movement of VR seems over the top. Hard to say what it’s actually trying to replicate. The head of eyes? Seems to hurt watching it.

    I easily find flying in 2D is much more enjoyable and realistic. The 2D snap views take care of any view changes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. analog cockpits vs. digital cockpits
    By BryanButler in forum FSX
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 04:59 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-22-2014, 08:43 PM
  3. Aircraft with good virtual cockpits? Do they exist?
    By AlphaInfinity in forum FS2002
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-22-2002, 09:56 AM
  4. Virtual Cockpits
    By James81 in forum FS2002
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2002, 04:25 AM
  5. Virtual cockpits with addon 737?
    By Yigg in forum FS2002
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2002, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •