Hi all,

Don't get me wrong, I am REALLY looking forward to release date and I hate sounding negative

towards the new sim because I think it represents a massive leap forward for us all, but to me the clouds

in the screenshots look too soft, almost too fluffy, if you get my meaning.

Last year after getting fed up with not getting real weather downloaded for FSX

I splashed out on Active Sky 2016 and Active Sky Cloud Art. Wow, what a difference it made to

my simming experience in FSX. I wish that I had bought this upgrade a lot sooner.

For me the clouds in my FSX setup look more realistic. Perhaps we will get an upgrade option

from HIFI simulation Technologies at some point. I hope so. (Great, I am thinking of upgrading FS2020

even before it has been released! Will I ever stop spending money on this hobby/obsession? )

all the best and Happy New year to all

Stinger

• 4 weeks later...

[quote=stinger2k2;2099498(Great, I am thinking of upgrading FS2020

even before it has been released! Will I ever stop spending money on this hobby/obsession? )

Stinger

So say we all!! ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Don't bury us old eagles yet. I still look forward to new flight sims as I did in the mid 80's. How many of you wanted to barf at square clouds and a four-sided Learjet fuselage?

But I do agree we need to attract the younger gen. Get 'em away from some of those shoot-em-up games.

Gotta love flight sim...been doing this stuff since the wire frame subLogic days, and it only gets better! The rapid leaps in technology and new and amazing offerings are leaving me breathless in trying to keep up, much less be "bleeding edge". I was quite happy with FS2004, MASSIVE add-ons offerings, fast and reliable. Getting into the planning stage for a decent gaming setup here to be ready for the new offerings, WinX is no fun for me, but alas, that's up to the gods of MS, we go where they take us...the never-ending adventure continues...

That "blurring/soft/unsharp" is exactly what fog and mist can do to a sky.

Some people have already picked up on the blurry clouds. Unless they are changed by MSFS release, I think you will find it will be one of the constant complaints.

First chance to quote myself!

MSFS Prediction Tally:

Skywatcher12 - 1

FS Community - 0

:p;):D

Mark Daniels

Likewise on that one.

Don't worry about it, the FS community has shown a great deal since MSFS was announced particularly on one site.

Over there they are policing MS's NDA because of unofficial videos being released. Of course they do this AFTER they have watched them! lol

Also suggestions testers should only be from the US. Yep, that would be smart. Might as well then just call it American Flight Simulator as nowhere else would get tested or work properly. haha

Mark Daniels