Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let it snow!!

That clip looks really good. But then I've seen some really good looking clips using the old FSX that I and everyone else couldn't actually experience while simming, unless maybe I/they were getting one second plus frame rates.

Two questions, will it actually snow while simming? What will enhanced scenery and weather do to frame rates?

I'm still glass half full. But also very anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    Clouds still blurry and water is FSX.
    Really? "Water is FSX?" When did FSX's water ever react to wind speed and develop 12' + waves? When did FSX model tides?

In my part of the world (Midwestern US) clouds are soft and fluffy and have no sharply defined edges. When did FSX ever display rain shafts?
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Really? "Water is FSX?" When did FSX's water ever react to wind speed and develop 12' + waves? When did FSX model tides?

In my part of the world (Midwestern US) clouds are soft and fluffy and have no sharply defined edges. When did FSX ever display rain shafts?
    I'm talking about the video this thread is for. Other videos I've seen show nothing new either. Looks like FSX and has the same repetitive animation. I'd be happy for you to provide a video example of these 12' waves and great tides so I can wow myself. I'd like to know why they are using FSX style water with repetitive animations in the clips I've seen???

This is the water I'm talking about from the clip:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	214897

Sorry, clouds are without "any" doubt blurry/soft/unsharp, whichever term you want to give it, that's what they are.
    There is a difference between puffy yet defined and plain old blurry.

Aren't you also an AVSIM mod???
    Mark Daniels

4. Default

Impressive! Fingers crossed!

Sorry, clouds are without "any" doubt blurry/soft/unsharp,
    Curious -- I've seen skies exactly like that in Colorado, as well as in Ohio, Illinois and other places over the years. At first glance I thought it was a photograph of a real city. That "blurring/soft/unsharp" is exactly what fog and mist can do to a sky.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    Curious -- I've seen skies exactly like that in Colorado, as well as in Ohio, Illinois and other places over the years. At first glance I thought it was a photograph of a real city. That "blurring/soft/unsharp" is exactly what fog and mist can do to a sky.
    The fluffy clouds around the aircraft are blurry, the distant clouds from all the vids I can remember are sharp. Some people have already picked up on the blurry clouds. Unless they are changed by MSFS release, I think you will find it will be one of the constant complaints. I'm sure MS have noted what has already been said but the clouds are part of the rendering engine it appears. To change their appearance now would be quite a task. Some people are thinking add-ons like Active Sky will probably fix them but it's likely this will be totally beyond the control of an add-on developer.

Imo this is the most over-hyped game in history so far. The sooner release comes the better.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    Yes Larry, that is sometimes the case. If this occurs only occasionally , like in the RW, I'd take your point. But IMHO the key word here is occasional. I've seen many clouds when under a stationary front that for long periods of time were almost knife edge sharp as well.

Having said that, I can live with funky clouds and other minor issues if the approaches, communications, etc. are portrayed much closer to RW! Especially when using payware, I sometimes wonder if anyone actually look at a sectional when portraying approaches in sims!

Rupert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2