Let it snow!!

Some great looking snow indeed!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

OMG, I just want to see ONE thing that makes me question my opinion from day one of the announcement of MSFS. More of the same. This also very definitely does not mean seasons and if anything, indicates there are no seasons. Clouds still blurry and water is FSX.

Call me Mr Negative that's fine.

I want to see random areas up close.

I want to see some menu screenshots showing features of what this sim will actually contain.

I want to see some jets and some features they will have.

I want to see anything that is more than just a carefully selected pretty view.

I want to see a jet at jet speeds flying low through the valley between 2 mountains.

I want to see something that shows me this is a simulator as in the past.

I want to see the world has detail beyond featured areas at specific distances and speeds.

I want to see something that shows me a non NASA PC can run this game.

Going to have to wait for release I think. lol

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

How about Debbie Downer?

Yeah, ok, that's fine.

From all the updates over the months I have learned MSFS will have photo scenery and things like the new weather/aircraft features will give me some extra bumps while I fly along. That's it.

I better stop posting on MSFS as I am not seeing all these things others are. lol

Mark Daniels

I better stop posting on MSFS as I am not seeing all these things others are. lol

Oh please keep posting! I hope you can look back at how you had it wrong after the release of MSFS :-) My glass is half full. Happy new year!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

That clip looks really good. But then I've seen some really good looking clips using the old FSX that I and everyone else couldn't actually experience while simming, unless maybe I/they were getting one second plus frame rates.

Two questions, will it actually snow while simming? What will enhanced scenery and weather do to frame rates?

I'm still glass half full. But also very anxious.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Clouds still blurry and water is FSX.

Really? "Water is FSX?" When did FSX's water ever react to wind speed and develop 12' + waves? When did FSX model tides?

In my part of the world (Midwestern US) clouds are soft and fluffy and have no sharply defined edges. When did FSX ever display rain shafts?

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Really? "Water is FSX?" When did FSX's water ever react to wind speed and develop 12' + waves? When did FSX model tides?

In my part of the world (Midwestern US) clouds are soft and fluffy and have no sharply defined edges. When did FSX ever display rain shafts?

I'm talking about the video this thread is for. Other videos I've seen show nothing new either. Looks like FSX and has the same repetitive animation. I'd be happy for you to provide a video example of these 12' waves and great tides so I can wow myself. I'd like to know why they are using FSX style water with repetitive animations in the clips I've seen???

This is the water I'm talking about from the clip:

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry, clouds are without "any" doubt blurry/soft/unsharp, whichever term you want to give it, that's what they are.

There is a difference between puffy yet defined and plain old blurry.

Aren't you also an AVSIM mod???

Mark Daniels

Sorry, clouds are without "any" doubt blurry/soft/unsharp,

Curious -- I've seen skies exactly like that in Colorado, as well as in Ohio, Illinois and other places over the years. At first glance I thought it was a photograph of a real city. That "blurring/soft/unsharp" is exactly what fog and mist can do to a sky.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Curious -- I've seen skies exactly like that in Colorado, as well as in Ohio, Illinois and other places over the years. At first glance I thought it was a photograph of a real city. That "blurring/soft/unsharp" is exactly what fog and mist can do to a sky.

The fluffy clouds around the aircraft are blurry, the distant clouds from all the vids I can remember are sharp. Some people have already picked up on the blurry clouds. Unless they are changed by MSFS release, I think you will find it will be one of the constant complaints. I'm sure MS have noted what has already been said but the clouds are part of the rendering engine it appears. To change their appearance now would be quite a task. Some people are thinking add-ons like Active Sky will probably fix them but it's likely this will be totally beyond the control of an add-on developer.

Imo this is the most over-hyped game in history so far. The sooner release comes the better.

Mark Daniels

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Larry, that is sometimes the case. If this occurs only occasionally , like in the RW, I'd take your point. But IMHO the key word here is occasional. I've seen many clouds when under a stationary front that for long periods of time were almost knife edge sharp as well.

Having said that, I can live with funky clouds and other minor issues if the approaches, communications, etc. are portrayed much closer to RW! Especially when using payware, I sometimes wonder if anyone actually look at a sectional when portraying approaches in sims!

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.