NEW PMDG 737 NGXu

Timberleaf

I almost bought the new addon 737 from PMDG, then I read on their site that it cannot be flown using standard equipment (ie: keyboard/keyboard). I usually use a combo mouse / keyboard on my current NGX. From anyone who has the NGXu, can you comment on the required hardware? $100 is a lot to spend on an unknown.

Thanks.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

I already have the NGX, but when reading their info about the NGXu, I had to rethink. I have never had a problem with the NGX. But if the addon has different control features making it hard to use the NGXu without control addons, then I have to rethink this.

I have had the NGX for years, best purchase addon ever, IMHO. But another $100 has me digging deeper into their addon to the NGX.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

I dont think you will see a difference in the basic flight controls as they are both the same aircraft for the most part- I have both and use yoke/throttle controls. The switches, flight controls, etc are in the same place. There is an EFB which you would use a mouse for or a tablet with the app.

• 1 month later...

Alright, I finally purchased the new PMDG 737 NGXu. Had to wait until I had the $. Yes, there is a steering requirement due to a reworking of the way steering is performed on the NGXu. Using the mouse + keyboard combo does not steer the plane.

I have a Thrustmaster control stick/throttle unit. It works fine, just very sensitive. I already had the slight stick/throttle unit, so it wasn't a big issue. But, PMDG is correctly stating that a mouse + keyboard combo is not sufficient for steering the plane.

The NGXu is a nice upgrade/update to the NGX. I am enjoying it.

Timberleaf