Has any indication been given by the developers that they will be adding some gameplay elements over and above the usual free flight and scripted missions? For example a career mode where you can develop your pilot (like a VA) or a company mode where you can actually build up your own airline similar to how the truck sims work, set up your own schedules, employ AI pilots to do some of the work etc.

The biggest single check for me since first playing FS5 back in 1994, is the overall lack of purpose - no matter how good the graphics or flight model etc. it needs to be towards some defining end.

Vern.

• 2 weeks later...
Has any indication been given by the developers that they will be adding some gameplay elements over and above the usual free flight and scripted missions? For example a career mode where you can develop your pilot (like a VA) or a company mode where you can actually build up your own airline similar to how the truck sims work, set up your own schedules, employ AI pilots to do some of the work etc.

The biggest single check for me since first playing FS5 back in 1994, is the overall lack of purpose - no matter how good the graphics or flight model etc. it needs to be towards some defining end.

IMHO, the "defining end" of any proper sim is to make the simmer better at what that simmer is simulating. To that goal, the purpose of a good flight "sim" is to make us better pilots. ;)

Though I agree some might be more willing to put in the effort to become a better pilot if they received "awards" of some sort.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.