Chasing the Darkness. A340 Atlanta to Seoul

Left Atlanta last night around 8:30pm for a 14.2 hours flight. Slept through most of the flight ;)

PART 1

The Route:

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

Please see PART 2

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

part 2

fsscr011.jpg

fsscr012.jpg

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr018.jpg

fsscr019.jpg

fsscr020.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow! What a long flight and beautiful night pics. of it David. :cool: :cool: :) Hope you had several other pilots to spell you and that you stocked plenty of grub for the trip. :D

Thanks Larry! I just did the take off and landing. The secondary crew took care of the rest. Guess that’s the advantage of being the senior Captain. LOL!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No polar route?

Not on this trip I guess :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are doing some long hauls lately David, I've done as you did in the past, set the flight then went to bed and caught it in the morning.

I didn't have a nice flight attendant to bring me coffee though, had to make it myself lol, one good thing was I could pause while I had my breakfast.

Incidentally on this airline I did once meet Richard Branson at EGCC, bit of a story:

This was before he brought Virgin to Manchester, there was very bad Fog down the south and he coached all his passengers up to Manchester, the airport then would not let him use the dispatch belts on the check-in desks, not sure why so he lifted the bags off the weight belt ot the next belt that sent the bags do to be sorted.

I jumped on the next desk and helped him with the entire flight, we were chatting and having a laugh, he came across as a nice enough guy, but that might have been because i was helping I don't know, we shook hands at the end of the flight, I was hoping some of his luck might have rubbed off lol.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

You are doing some long hauls lately David, I've done as you did in the past, set the flight then went to bed and caught it in the morning.

I didn't have a nice flight attendant to bring me coffee though, had to make it myself lol, one good thing was I could pause while I had my breakfast.

Incidentally on this airline I did once meet Richard Branson at EGCC, bit of a story:

This was before he brought Virgin to Manchester, there was very bad Fog down the south and he coached all his passengers up to Manchester, the airport then would not let him use the dispatch belts on the check-in desks, not sure why so he lifted the bags off the weight belt ot the next belt that sent the bags do to be sorted.

I jumped on the next desk and helped him with the entire flight, we were chatting and having a laugh, he came across as a nice enough guy, but that might have been because i was helping I don't know, we shook hands at the end of the flight, I was hoping some of his luck might have rubbed off lol.

Col.

It's a nice way to add some hours for sure! Some brush with fame there. I don't recall ever meeting someone like that. But it would have been something to help him out like that. Pretty cool!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looooong flight here David :eek::eek: Thanks for the great pics :)

Thank you much! You’re welcome

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Your night pics always come out so nice! I love the illumination of that panel!

Great Job! Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick! The wonders of Paint Shop :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Definitely a good flight to dim the lights!

Good trip!

Thanks! Nothing like 14 hours of darkness

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]