ATC DIGITS for FSX please?

pcohen

Hello again.

There used to be a program for FS2002/FS2004 called ATC DIGITS but can no longer find it.

Would these work in FSX if able to find please?

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Hello Paul,

In FS9 this ATC utility can be useful, because the default ATC window is not Mouse interactive. (Only via keyboard corresponding number selection) The utility provides a way of interacting with a simple mouse click on the corresponding number via a strip gauge right on the instrument panel, (as you already know through use in FS9).

However, in FSX the ATC window does allow interaction with a "Mouse pointer" directly in the ATC window, (you will see that the option turns transparent blue as you move your mouse pointer over the option in the Active ATC window), (the ATC Window must be selected and in focus for this) it also allows for pressing the corresponding number on your keyboard.

While the ATC Digits may work in FSX with a little massaging, it is not needed to mouse select any of the FSX ATC numbered options. (A very minor improvement to FSX default ATC panel, but very useful indeed).

Hi mrzippy and jethrom from above Post. thanks for replies.

Am getting used to using the Keyboard for ATC Messages but I am using some of my older Aircraft from FS2004 which work perfectly OK in FSX.

My question is would these Gauges still work in my old Aircraft within FSX.

One of my favourite Gauges of all time was the WAAS Gauge, I think for FS3004, but again can no longer find it and again may not be compatible for FSX.

any help or suggestions Please?

Many thanks.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Paul,

I see no reason why you couldn't implement the ATC Digits into any FSX or FS2004 aircraft panel. there will however be some slight positioning to adjust, it even has a popup Windowed version for Virtual cockpit window. That is why I believe it should work no matter the version sim or aircraft panel. In order to use the Digits strip the modifications must be made on a per aircraft basis and the icon bmp's and .xml's must be included in the aircraft's Panel folder. You must also make the necessary additions to the Panel.cfg for each aircraft you wish to use the ATC Digits strip.

As for the WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) Aeronautical Navigation. Implemented into FSX aircraft panels I should think it is also possible to Incorporate these nav instruments into the panel and Panel.cfg's

I don't have time at the moment to test what may be possible, perhaps Mr Zippy has experience and can confirm. AFAIK the WAAS system has been incorporated into some FSX addon freeware aircraft in the form of the Garmin 530 perhaps it is possible to reference the G530 in these panels and include the Panel.cfg entries to make it available.

Hi Jethrom, thanks again for reply.

I had a lot of these gauges saved a while back but due to a house fire a few Years ago lost nearly everything and virtually had to replace everything.

Due to FSX being constantly renewed with new Items it would seem older stuff seems to be harder to find. have spent a couple of Days now searching for the WAAS Gauge but with no luck, however, will look up the Garmin 530 file and see what I can Find?

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Paul, Don Kuhn's WAAS & GNS530 gauges are still available on his website here: http://www.fs2x.com/Freeware.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the info and download links for them.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hello again, thaks for info.

Have dpwnloaded this new WAAS file but having trouble with it.

I usually use Notepad or Wordpad to open Files ( Guess they must be getting old like me ) but this file is opening up totally unreadable so not sure what to do with it.

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Paul,

I hope you are not trying to read the files from within the .zip, but have extracted the package into a temp folder and then opened the .doc and .txt

Which file in the package (fsWAASv2) are you trying to view or edit.

Have you extracted the Gauges.zip

Then...

Have you followed the WAAS Installation.doc which opens with a Word Processor like MSWord, Open Office or MSWordPad or WAAS Installation.txt which can be viewed with MS Notepad or NotePad+.

Incidentally, (.doc .docx .txt .pdf) can be previewed/read in the Windows File Explorer Right side Preview Pane, if it is enabled.

Edited by jethrom

If you need help knowing how to use the WAAS gauge I can tell you how. I'll make a video. I use this gauge all the time in my Raptor F-22. It's a little tricky to get used to. For one, you need to make sure the mag of the runway heading is exact, otherwise your fictitious LOC won't work.

Hi crj_simpilot, thanks for reply.

This WAAS Gauge now sems to be working fine.

Thank you and all the other guys that were helping.

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.