Dos Command Window

C.R.V

When attempting to install FSX Deluxe I got the error message ablscpt.dll. A search of the many posts regarding this issue I found a post by TOPGUN which I attempted to follow. As per his suggestion I found & downloaded the file "MicrosoftKB928080" & installed same to my

C: drive. As directed I then opened the Dos command window "C:\users\my name" & attempted to change the directory by typing "resetsldl /a" which it would not accept. Not being comfortable working with DOS commands I would appreciate input as to where I went wrong.

Thanks in advance,

CRV

HP OMEN Desktop, Win 10 Home 64 bit, InTel CORE17-9700K CPU@3.6GHZ, 16GB Memory, NAVIDIA GEFORCE RTX

Edited by C.R.V
Spelling error

I don't know exactly what the resetsdll command is for, but the command to change the directory is CD \XXXXX where XXX is the directory you want to change to. Like if you want to be in the directory (now called folders) C:\Program Files , all you do is CD \Program Files . Usually you would have to go CD \C: and then to CD \Program files . That will put you to the root directory first, C:\ , and then the second will put you into C:\Program files . I always switch to the root directory first, so that wherever I want to go is accessable from where I am, if you see what I mean.

THEN type in the reset command. You want to be in the folder where the dll you want to reset is. That's why I used Program Files as an example. I don't know where the dll you want is, but they usually end up there or Program Files(X86).

So, once you have the the DOS window open, the command sequence I would use is

cd \ 
cd \Program Files, 
resetsldl /a

Obviously, if you put the ablscpt.dll in the root directory, you can skip the second CD \ command, so the sequence would be

CD \
resetsldl /a

Are you sure the reset command is spelled right? It shouldn't be resetsdll /a ?

Just checking...

Good luck to you!

Pat☺

Edited by PhantomTweak

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Maybe this will help you.

• Double click the MSKB928080.exe (Or, right click on MSKB928080 and choose 'Run as Admin')

• When you’re prompted to accept the license agreement, click Yes

• Extract the files to C:\MicrosoftKB928080 and click Run (or OK)

• Click Start (On your desktop screen)

• Type CMD and press Enter

• At the command prompt type cd C:\ and press Enter

• Type cd MicrosoftKB928080 and press Enter (ie: extraction created folder 'MicrosoftB928080')

• Type resetsldl –All and press Enter

You may have to do this in Safe Mode and temporarily disable your Anti Virus.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

kb928080 used to be available as download from microsoft.

(you may still be able to find that, or have an old copy)

These days you can download resetsldl.zip from FlyAwaySimulation.com. This contains kb928080 as well. Unzip resetsldl.zip and look inside the unzipped folder.

(download here:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18934/fsx-resetsldlexe/

)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Wherever you found kb928080,)

Run kb928080 by double-clicking.

A prompt will show.

Leave the location information as it is and simply Click UNZIP.

Doing so installs Some files in a specific location.

The location is C:\microsoftkb928080

and the file is: resetsldl.exe

--------------------------------------

How to run resetsldl.exe:

Click Windows "Start" button.

type: cmd

you will see: cmd.exe appear in the list.

Right-click cmd.exe and click "Run As ADMINISTRATOR"

Then at the ADministrator command prompt, type the following commands in the Command

Window: (Press Enter after each command.)

cd\

(then Press Enter.)

Type:

cd MicrosoftKB928080

(then Press Enter.)

Type:

resetsldl -All

(then Press Enter again.)

You are prompted for the license reset.

It should say 'SUCCESS' when done.

after that, reboot.

Now you can install FSX.

il88pp.

---------------------------------

PS:

(((cd is the good old command "change directory"

cd\

means: change directory all the way up to the root of the drive. (cmd.exe will open in the windows drive, so the command puts you in the root of the windows drive. (In most pc's that is the C drive.))

cd MicrosoftKB928080

means: change directory to:

C:\MicrosoftKB928080

When in that folder/directory the command

resetslsdl -All

means: execute file resetsldl.exe, with flag "-All" set. To remove ALL registry entry's for the program FSX.)))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]