Gear sinking on the runway when adding weight

Hunonymous

I got this 767 addon and i'm trying to make the landing gear tilt perfectly into the runway so i lowered the gear contact points and increased static compression so it doesn't float when fully compressed but when i increase the fuel to 100% the gear wheels sink into the runway when fully compressed and this would not happen with the default contact points is there anyway i can make the gear not to sink so much when adding more weight?

It not simple.

IMO one needs to know the actual gear animation's full compression and full extension values.

That's all written into the model. If you don't have the model itself, it's all trial and error.

Anyway, I used following document for a simple C140 model I'm making myself (a 5 year project I'm afraid :o), and I found it to be quite useful.

http://www.mudpond.org/contact_points.pdf

Maybe it helps in understanding the relations between the different parameters.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

It not simple.

IMO one needs to know the actual gear animation's full compression and full extension values.

That's all written into the model. If you don't have the model itself, it's all trial and error.

Anyway, I used following document for a simple C140 model I'm making myself (a 5 year project I'm afraid :o), and I found it to be quite useful.

http://www.mudpond.org/contact_points.pdf

Maybe it helps in understanding the relations between the different parameters.

Wim

i think i fixed it by just copying and pasting the gear contact points so there is 2 contact points for the 1 landing gear in the same position and that seemed to make the plane more resistant to sinking because of additional weight which fixed my problem where with the plane fully loaded the plane would sink and with a bit of fuel the plane would float on the runway and i also had to increase static compression a bit

That's good.

Just an idea: if you move those contactpoints a bit apart laterally you'd get two separate touch-down tire smokes as well?

Wim

i think so but now i'm having a problem with the autobrake not deploying, it deploys on touchdown but stops working 3 seconds later do you know anything i could do?

great it seems like autobrake doesnt work if there is more than 3 contact points for landing gear :( ill have to look for something

Edited by Hunonymous

When I read "deploying", I think you rather mean the spoilers, not the autobreak? Or not?

What's the 767 addon btw?

Wim

no by autobrake i mean the brakes really they will engage in whatever setting they are at RTO 1, 2 or 3

i'm using the payware lds 767

also do you know what damping ratio (in the contact points) does? and can u give me some examples?