PC Requirements

I used to fly FSX about 5-10 years ago but as my PC aged I got over the poor graphics vs what I could see on YouTube etc so gave up.

I'm hoping MS Flight Simulator will get me back into it as I'm also looking/needing a system upgrade.

Is there any documentation on what 'required' or 'reccommended' to get above average results? - I'm not needing top end results just something that's clean and smooth as I love scenary and weather effects.

Any help is appreicated.

It's far too early for system requirements. The best option would be to wait until it has been released to see what it actually needs to run well. I do suspect it will run much better on mid range hardware than FSX did upon its release.

I used to fly FSX about 5-10 years ago but as my PC aged I got over the poor graphics vs what I could see on YouTube etc so gave up.

I'm hoping MS Flight Simulator will get me back into it as I'm also looking/needing a system upgrade.

Is there any documentation on what 'required' or 'reccommended' to get above average results? - I'm not needing top end results just something that's clean and smooth as I love scenary and weather effects.

Any help is appreicated.

Cheers for the reply. I couldn't find anything when I searched online, in fact it's hard to find anything really.

What's the essentials for FSX these days?

500W power supply & 3.5 Ghz processor or better is what I recall?

Is there anything for Video Cards?

Cheers for the reply. I couldn't find anything when I searched online, in fact it's hard to find anything really.

What's the essentials for FSX these days?

500W power supply & 3.5 Ghz processor or better is what I recall?

Is there anything for Video Cards?

Fsx needs as much as you can throw at it within your budget in pc terms and I suspect the same will true of the new sim, it is just the nature of the genre. Best to wait until release then buy as fast a pc as your money allows. Once it is out we will be able to see where to target the spend most, i.e Processor or Graphics card.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Fsx needs as much as you can throw at it within your budget in pc terms and I suspect the same will true of the new sim, it is just the nature of the genre. Best to wait until release then buy as fast a pc as your money allows. Once it is out we will be able to see where to target the spend most, i.e Processor or Graphics card.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

+1!! I think there are many, many people in that same boat until we get more information!!:o

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Just for fun (since it's Christmas and all), there's an online system compatibility checker on game-debate.com for Microsoft Flight Simulator at: https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=35975&game=Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator&systemCheck

Just click on the yellow "Test my PC" button to the right of the main "Microsoft Flight Simulator Requirements" heading and enter your CPU and GPU models into the drop-down boxes - I typed "i5-7600k" in the CPU box, and "GTX 1050 ti" in the GPU box, then selected them from the menu. Then confirm your screen resolution in the next box and view your results. Here's what I got:

MSFS_SPECS1.JPG

I then clicked on the "Remove Bottleneck" button and here's the result:

MSFS_SPECS2.JPG

So, for a few hundred spent on a newer graphics card I could have a rig which will just about run this sim - just for fun, how does yours measure up?

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

HHHMMM system specs...Windows 7 x64, not Windows 10? Me thinks somehow this test is flawed.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

HHHMMM system specs...Windows 7 x64, not Windows 10? Me thinks somehow this test is flawed.

First question is where are they getting the data? The system requirements haven't been released yet. Much like online shops putting in a place holder for the new sim, I suspect this is just trying to drive traffic to their site.

+1
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

HHHMMM... does the OS really affect the hardware specs that much? This is just for fun anyway :p

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This is just for fun anyway :p

Well I got high results and as all I want to do is run FS9 I guess that means translated to my sim of choice my results are fantastic! haha

The system specs are probably around what the specs will actually be when they are officially released by MS. Do official specs mean they are accurate? No.

FSX recommended specs should show at least a 5GHz CPU with optimum specs putting it at 6GHz! lol

Mark Daniels

As Microsoft Flight Simulator will be able to make use of multi-core CPU's, I think most quad core CPU's will run it OK, but I think GPU's will be more important which could cause a bottleneck especially when you have a 4 Ghz quad core using all it's cores then you will need a GPU to keep up.

HHHMMM... does the OS really affect the hardware specs that much?

If you were to try to install it on Windows 7, I'm sure FS2020 would pop up and say "Sorry requires Windows 10", so yes! :(

Considering the ONLY known system requirement for FS2020 is Windows 10, don't understand how the author of that hardware tester would overlook this. :confused:

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Considering the ONLY known system requirement for FS2020 is Windows 10, don't understand how the author of that hardware tester would overlook this. :confused:

Maybe they overlooked it because it is, as you rightly say, a hardware test and not a software test.

First question is where are they getting the data? The system requirements haven't been released yet. Much like online shops putting in a place holder for the new sim, I suspect this is just trying to drive traffic to their site.

Thank you

Does anyone really get the performance we see on YouTube?

I suspect these are highly doctored with professional equipment.

This is raw, in-game recording. Editing is all that is done to create these 'teasers.'

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...