Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC Requirements

Default PC Requirements

I used to fly FSX about 5-10 years ago but as my PC aged I got over the poor graphics vs what I could see on YouTube etc so gave up.

I'm hoping MS Flight Simulator will get me back into it as I'm also looking/needing a system upgrade.

Is there any documentation on what 'required' or 'reccommended' to get above average results? - I'm not needing top end results just something that's clean and smooth as I love scenary and weather effects.

Any help is appreicated.

It's far too early for system requirements. The best option would be to wait until it has been released to see what it actually needs to run well. I do suspect it will run much better on mid range hardware than FSX did upon its release.

Quote Originally Posted by NZAA View Post
    I used to fly FSX about 5-10 years ago but as my PC aged I got over the poor graphics vs what I could see on YouTube etc so gave up.

I'm hoping MS Flight Simulator will get me back into it as I'm also looking/needing a system upgrade.

Is there any documentation on what 'required' or 'reccommended' to get above average results? - I'm not needing top end results just something that's clean and smooth as I love scenary and weather effects.

Any help is appreicated.

Cheers for the reply. I couldn't find anything when I searched online, in fact it's hard to find anything really.

What's the essentials for FSX these days?

500W power supply & 3.5 Ghz processor or better is what I recall?

Is there anything for Video Cards?

Quote Originally Posted by NZAA View Post
    Cheers for the reply. I couldn't find anything when I searched online, in fact it's hard to find anything really.

What's the essentials for FSX these days?

500W power supply & 3.5 Ghz processor or better is what I recall?

Is there anything for Video Cards?
    Fsx needs as much as you can throw at it within your budget in pc terms and I suspect the same will true of the new sim, it is just the nature of the genre. Best to wait until release then buy as fast a pc as your money allows. Once it is out we will be able to see where to target the spend most, i.e Processor or Graphics card.

Cheers
    Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stinger2k2 View Post
    Fsx needs as much as you can throw at it within your budget in pc terms and I suspect the same will true of the new sim, it is just the nature of the genre. Best to wait until release then buy as fast a pc as your money allows. Once it is out we will be able to see where to target the spend most, i.e Processor or Graphics card.

Cheers
    Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    +1!! I think there are many, many people in that same boat until we get more information!!

Pure guesswork at this stage, as is pricing.
    We have less than 12 months to go before any actual info gets released.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Just for fun (since it's Christmas and all), there's an online system compatibility checker on game-debate.com for Microsoft Flight Simulator at: https://www.game-debate.com/games/in...or&systemCheck

Just click on the yellow "Test my PC" button to the right of the main "Microsoft Flight Simulator Requirements" heading and enter your CPU and GPU models into the drop-down boxes - I typed "i5-7600k" in the CPU box, and "GTX 1050 ti" in the GPU box, then selected them from the menu. Then confirm your screen resolution in the next box and view your results. Here's what I got:

Name:  MSFS_SPECS1.JPG
Views: 553
Size:  15.9 KB

I then clicked on the "Remove Bottleneck" button and here's the result:

Name:  MSFS_SPECS2.JPG
Views: 570
Size:  16.6 KB

So, for a few hundred spent on a newer graphics card I could have a rig which will just about run this sim - just for fun, how does yours measure up?
    Last edited by tiger1962; 12-24-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Hmmm........Guess not!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crap.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	214386
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

9. Default

HHHMMM system specs...Windows 7 x64, not Windows 10? Me thinks somehow this test is flawed.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 NVMe 250Gb and 2Tb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate/10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    HHHMMM system specs...Windows 7 x64, not Windows 10? Me thinks somehow this test is flawed.
    First question is where are they getting the data? The system requirements haven't been released yet. Much like online shops putting in a place holder for the new sim, I suspect this is just trying to drive traffic to their site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast