USAF C-133 Cargomaster repaints

Hi Guys,

I've uploaded 8 FSX repaints of Tim Conrad's great C-133 Cargomaster. It's a FS2004 aircraft but I used Andorito's FSX conversion. However, I have included DXT3 BMP textures as well for the FS2004 users.

Some info :

The C-133 was conceived as an air transport for the USA's large missiles, and was designed to meet the requirements for the USAF’s Logistic Carrier Support System. The Douglas designed C-133 Cargomaster first flew on 23 April 1956. In fact, Douglas built 50 of the turboprop powered C-133 Cargomasters from 1956 to 1961. It was the largest turboprop transport ever to be accepted by the U.S. Air Force. In 1958 the C-133s began flying MATS air routes throughout the world, and two Dover based C-133s established transatlantic speed records for transport aircraft on their first flights to Europe. The fleet of 50 aircraft proved itself invaluable during the Vietnam War, but fatigue problems led to their withdrawal from service in 1971. The aircraft was a marvel in its era, but it was soon under the microscope as the accidents started accumulating. Throughout the 15 year service of the C-133 9 were destroyed in accidents and one was written off. Having said that, the C-133 was the first wave of turboprop and jet powered giants to come onto the scene in the post piston engined era, and was followed by the C-141, and the giant of them all the C-5 Galaxy.

PICS:

1a USAF C-133A 540136.jpg

1b USAF C-133A 540136.jpg

2a USAF C-133A 540139.jpg

2b USAF C-133A 540139.jpg

3a USAF MAC C-133B 590524.jpg

3b USAF MAC C-133B 590524.jpg

4a USAF MATS C-133A 62008.jpg

4b USAF MATS C-133A 62008.jpg

5a USAF MATS C-133A 562014.jpg

5b USAF MATS C-133A 562014.jpg

6a USAF MATS C-133A 540135.jpg

6b USAF MATS C-133A 540135.jpg

Continued below.........

Nicely done! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Col and David. Thought you guys might like them.

As for the nose Gerard, which Dutch guy are you talking about? Myself, I call this plane "Goofy" , because the nose looks like Goofy's nose in the Disney cartoons. Haha.

Anyway, The C-133 one of my favorite military cargo transports. It's a beast.

As for the nose Gerard, which Dutch guy are you talking about?

Won't tell me you don't know the nose punching aptitudes of Peer, the Dutch aviator able to land any plane on any surface of water?!!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thanks Larry and Jan.

Col, good to hear that the beast is good to go on your sim.:pilot:

Gerrard, now I know who you were talking about! But, do you really think Peer has such a big nose? haha

Peer, I hope we can have you post some of your spectacular pics of the C-133, here on the forum.

Thanks for that link Ted, the comments are good too.

The part about putting a band around the split was interesting, related to this there was a Dan-Air B727 that was two aircraft joined together, where the join was it had a hump on the top of the fuselage, it got nick named 'Nellie the elephant' because the last letters of the reg was NE, I actually flew in once as well.

Col.

Gerrard, now I know who you were talking about! But, do you really think Peer has such a big nose?

No, no! That's working the other way. It's Peer who's punching people's nose. With that remark, you should be on alert! :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

AH OK Gerrard. I see what you mean. So you are saying Peer is Mike Tyson number 2, right? LOL

Here you are! Peer is punching the nose of everyone who's not agreeing with him! :):) And he usually writes: 'I'm going to punch your nose!' That's why that nose on your plane was strongly evoking me that :):)