St Bartholemy - Benvenu - Grasshopper

jethrom

Finally got around to reinstalling St Bartholemy TFFJ Freeware into FSX by Marc-Henri Guitteny http://marcoh.gratisim.fr

Sloped runway, tricky approach, apparently you need special training to land there IRL.

I did alright 2 first time successful takeoffs and landings, low over the road without hooking a vehicle, landed smoothly and exited at the midfield taxiway. Some excellent modelling at this field/scenery, Island PR scenery is amazing.

After installing I swear I smelt a feint hint of rum and coconut and the distant sound of steel kettle drums and laughter from bikini clad beauties as they lay in the sun and swam in the ocean.

Anyway a couple of laps around the island, park the plane, then back to the hotel to grab my towel and togs, grab a long tall cool drink and join them on the beach.

Too many shots for upload so a movie slideshow instead. Hope it works and is not bending the rules. 69 pics in 6min:22sec

https://youtu.be/XaGWu5T-yM4

A novel way to do things. I like it. I have this fun little aircraft moldering somewhere in my hanger too.

I must get it out again. Keep up the good work. I promise not to tell on you. :p -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Hey! That's the place where French singer Johnny Halliday was buried lately! Great. On the other hand, that French guy at his link, had yielded fine sceneries. Interesting! Thanks for posting
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Bob , Col, Gerard, Larry, John, Jan, thankyou.

Peer (Jan) added you to the acknowledgements.

A 6 minute vid is way better than scrolling 70 pics, TFFJ was a little complicated installation, I think that's why it took me so long to return to this wonderful scenery, the Grasshopper or more correctly "abd MONOBI - Dragonfly" is fun to fly seemed perfect for the job, love the cockpit bubble & head up display that auto enlarges when on final.

Cheers Jethro

Edited by jethrom

Well, I must say, a very cool way to present the flight. Great scenery to enjoy! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Rick,

Much appreciated, too good not to share.:)

Seemed like the most efficient way of showing many pics.

Cheers Jethro

PS: Just out of interest, what do you guys think of the transition peel, do you like that or something more plain, perhaps just slide across or replace previous image. (Some ideas for the next one maybe)

Edited by jethrom
PS: