I'm trying very hard to like this skylane, but!!!!!

I try the ILS approach into Savannah, GA, and on final, I'm still at 1000' AGL above and at the threshold! I will get it eventually! The smaller birds are harder when it comes to details, than the larger, faster aircraft that I like to fly! Oh well, it's pretty to look at!

2019-12-8_12-23-13-669.jpg

Rick :cool:

You’re right. A nice aircraft to look at! Good luck with the ILS

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David, Jan and Larry!

Got it Larry! Just tried one more, different airport, tweaked the gs proportional back to 9.00, and it went fine. It really comes down to one stepping down from the heavier, more stable aircraft, then trying the same with a much lighter, more susceptible to exterior challenges, wind etc., especially when you haven't flown one in awhile. I think I could do a better job with a J3 Cub, rather that the Skylane! Anyway, not a great landing, but it worked for me! At least the Skylane seemed happy with the Glide Scope and cooperated this time around!

Thanks again! Rick :cool:

You should try an ultralight like our Challenger. If you fart on final you gain 500'. :rolleyes: -- Bob

That made me laugh way to hard.

Please continue.

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Thanks Bob, Kirk and John! I'll get it one way or the other! I still have my original PPL (53 years), and they haven't taken it from me yet, so, I doubt they will want me to go back for training to get another one! AND, I'm not going to go back and get another! THERE! :mad:

This nice looking 182 Skylane will just have to cooperate with me and we'll become best of friends! :rolleyes:

Edited by Downwind66

Hmm... I see you had a sex change too Rick, did you select a female voice as well for the pilot to talk to ATC lol?

Just kidding, it used to nag me when I selected an aircraft got a female pilot and/or the voice as well even though I always selected a male voice.

Another thing about ATC was when the pilot voice was the same as the ATC voice.

Col.

My copilot is female voice 5 in FSX I believe. She’s the one with the sexy voice :p

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Col, this was only a test to see if you are paying attention, and apparently you are! This plane I have been flying has a female in the pilot's seat, she has a male voice, don't know what that is all about and I am not asking questions. Bottom line is, I am still Pilot in Command! Next plane I have a problem with, I will make sure I get one with a male sitting in the pilot's seat!

AND, another thing, I have met many female pilots who were very good at piloting whatever they chose to fly! This one sitting in my plane is definitely not fulfilling my expectations! Maybe someone will come along with a solution to my dilemma and show me how to replace my pilot? :rolleyes:

Just what you need, David! Forget about it, and pay attention to your flying!

Sterile cockpit until 10,000 feet then all bets are off ;)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]