dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64

skip d

Hi Guys...

I'm having trouble figuring out what to do and where to place these 'Jelair Sound' files and folders.

I got the "gauge" aspect taken care of by reading the post by MR Zippy from back in '15 when he showed

how to apply the gauge into the panel.cfg.

That now works for me.....but getting the sound into that gauge with Doug Dawson's new x64 download has stumped me.

I'm not really sure where to place all the files,and how they are supposed to look after being placed. Like where does the

.ini file go....and where does the .dll file go ???

If someone could just tell me where to put these files so I can get the 'Callouts' and 'Jelair' sounds to work in P3dv4.5...

I'd be very appreciative.

I know how to work with and edit panel.cfg.

Editing 'xml' I'm a little shakey on.

But usually with some terrific guidance like I've got here before,I end up with a terrific Flight sim !!!

You all have been extremely gracious and willing to share your knowledge....and I'm eternally grateful !!!

Thanks for any help !!

Skip d

Is there a path dictated in the panel.cfg for the dsd sound files? If no path is seen, then I would stick everything into the panel folder.

You mean place the .dll file and the .ini file into the panel folder for the aircraft I want the sound in ???

You mean place the .dll file and the .ini file into the panel folder for the aircraft I want the sound in ???

Would those files all be contained in a folder called Jelair which is placed in the panel folder of the aircraft? Are there instruction or a REAME for this Jelair download?

Where did the Jelair download come from?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

avsim_jelair-fsx_vspeed-callout_gauge.zip

License: Freeware

Added: 29th September 2013, 18:31:53

Downloads: 1019

Author: Jacob Larsen

Size: 141kb

I thought this might work with the Doug Dawson dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64 files that I downloaded.

Seems like I just myself into a mess of trouble !!

Is there anyway to get this to work ???

I followed your instructions,....and the gauge shows up and works PERFECTLY....but no sound !?!?

I've got the gauge as a pop-up on shift-5....but I'm lost after that !!!

75yr ole newbie (since '06)

OK, following the README instructions...the folder called JELAIR-Sounds belongs in your P3D Main Sound folder. Put the folder in intact. Don"t just copy in all the sound files The gauge dsd_P3D_xml_sound_x64 belongs in your Main P3D Gauges folder.

The install instructions are pretty straight forward. You just have to interpret FSX to P3D.

JELAIR sounds.JPG

Edited by mrzippy

MrZ…

Just one more quick question...

I downloaded D.Dawson file. Opening it brings up a Folder with 2 files ….one an .ini….the other

a .dll.

Do they both go in the main Gauges file ?

Thanks for the help

Skip d

That would be my guess. Did that download also have a readme with instructions?

I was also readingt a similar problem on Doug Dawsdonm's site. Don't forget to make sure your P3d cockpit sounds are turned on in your Sim's settings.

Edited by mrzippy