Recorder for FS 2004

scaleboat

Just got a new desktop with Windows 10 and have run into several problems. FSX will install, but will not launch - just get a black screen. Running in compatibility Mode for Windows 8 and as administrator. FS 2004 installed fine and works well, but I miss the flight recorder I installed in FSX. I downloaded FS Recorder 2004 ( fsrecorder_fs9_2-1.zip), but it won't install. I get an error message that says FS 2004 is not installed on my computer, then the installer goes to finished. Does anyone know hoe to install FS Recorder manually? Are there any other recorders out there that will work with FS 2004 in Windows 10?

Without running as 'Admin', my 6 versions of FS2004, that are running in XP Compatibility mode, installed in C:/ simply will not work.

FS9 doesn't need compatibility modes or running as admin. I'm using neither. In cases such as yours, something is going on and if that is the only way you can run it, then that is the way you have to run it.

However, it is best to run FS9 without compatibility modes or as admin. Running it this way can cause a million issues and if people get in the habit of doing this for all of their old software, it can even open up security vulnerabilities within a program.

You should always run without compatibility modes and not as admin unless there is a specific need to do so. Windows is already designed, and will run legacy software best and in the safest way without these settings applied. The options are there only if they are required. They are not there so if you have a program made for Win XP, you automatically go and apply a Win XP compatibility mode.

Mark Daniels

We are agueing about other stuff. The OP only wants to know how to install FSRecorder for FS9. He says FS9 is running ok with Win 10. (Really?). We should wait for him to check back in shouldn't we? I imagine he went on tangent with FSX not running and then FSRecorder for FS9 not installing. We don't even know his specs. He has only 6 posts since joining in 2010. Maybe he is overwhelmed. It happens.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

He hasn't responded and he has also mentioned he is using what is being discussed. It may very well be a potential cause of his issues. If he is made aware he can experiment. I have also provided a direct answer for him to check his reg settings to make sure they are pointing to his FS9.
Mark Daniels

I figured out how to do the manual install for FS Recorder 2004. I put the .dll file and the FRC Converter folder in the modules folder of FS9 and it is working fine. I still can't get FSX to work. I've done a complete removal, reboot and reinstall several times and get the same result. It loads, goes to the opening screen where you select or configure a flight, then when you chose "fly now" it goes to a black screen. I've let it sit for 20 minutes or so, but it just sits there playing the FSX opening music.

I did not install any of my flight sim programs on my C drive. I put them on my D drive which is a separate 1T HDD. My C drive is a 500G SSD. My new system is an off-the-shelf Asus gaming desk top with the i7-9700K processor, 16 gigs of ram, the Nvidia GeForce RTX2080 graphics card with 8 gigs of memory.

Do you know that the FS9 FSRecorder and the FSX FSRecorder have different, or specific, installers? Are you trying to use FS9 installer in FSX? Won't work. Just my 2 cents.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 2 years later...

It really work for me ,thank you so much and finally i can use fs recorder in fs9 windows 10

so easy to solved my problem,just put the fsrecorder .dll file and the FRC Converter folder in the modules folder of FS9 and it is working fine you are Genius

Edited by protonwira