Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recorder for FS 2004

1. Default Recorder for FS 2004

Just got a new desktop with Windows 10 and have run into several problems. FSX will install, but will not launch - just get a black screen. Running in compatibility Mode for Windows 8 and as administrator. FS 2004 installed fine and works well, but I miss the flight recorder I installed in FSX. I downloaded FS Recorder 2004 ( fsrecorder_fs9_2-1.zip), but it won't install. I get an error message that says FS 2004 is not installed on my computer, then the installer goes to finished. Does anyone know hoe to install FS Recorder manually? Are there any other recorders out there that will work with FS 2004 in Windows 10?

2. Default

Don't run fsx in compatibility mode. And don't run Fsx as admin, doing so will cause problems and won't "fix" anything.
    Last edited by il88pp; 12-06-2019 at 04:21 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    Don't run fsx in compatibility mode. And don't run Fsx as admin, doing so will cause problems and won't "fix" anything.
    Same for FS9.

Run the registry repair tool first to make sure your registry entries are correct so FS Recorder can find your FS9.
    Mark Daniels

Without running as 'Admin', my 6 versions of FS2004, that are running in XP Compatibility mode, installed in C:/ simply will not work.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Without running as 'Admin', my 6 versions of FS2004, that are running in XP Compatibility mode, installed in C:/ simply will not work.
    FS9 doesn't need compatibility modes or running as admin. I'm using neither. In cases such as yours, something is going on and if that is the only way you can run it, then that is the way you have to run it.
    However, it is best to run FS9 without compatibility modes or as admin. Running it this way can cause a million issues and if people get in the habit of doing this for all of their old software, it can even open up security vulnerabilities within a program.

You should always run without compatibility modes and not as admin unless there is a specific need to do so. Windows is already designed, and will run legacy software best and in the safest way without these settings applied. The options are there only if they are required. They are not there so if you have a program made for Win XP, you automatically go and apply a Win XP compatibility mode.
    Mark Daniels

My above comments refer to FS2004 installed in Windows 10.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

7. Default

My above comments refer to FS2004 installed in Windows 10.
    Yes, I am also speaking for Win 10. I have Win 10 and there is no need for me to run FS9 in any of those modes.
    Mark Daniels

I have my FS sims on another drive within the PC so not in C: and I don't use compatibility or run as admin and they run fine, I'm using Windows 10 as well.

Col.

Strange, my new laptop, Asus i5 need all that and the patch to run from C:/
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

10. Default

Strange, my new laptop, Asus i5 need all that and the patch to run from C:/
    Your install procedure needs steps 1-3, that's it.
    4-7 may cause people issues and they'll be blaming and looking everywhere else because they'll think they did everything correctly.
    Mark Daniels

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast