C-130 engine start - those big red buttons

defaid

Hi.

Using the C-130J variant with the GPU rather than battery, has anyone else found that the engine start buttons in the LM / CS C-130 don't work? Is there something that I'm missing?

Further, while I can start all engines with Ctrl+E, I can't select one out of all four by... Ctrl+E,1 (or 2,3 or 4) because in this aircraft the numbers don't seem to have any effect.

I never had any problem with the aircraft in FS9 while following Bernard Srulzon's guide, and right up to the point of pressing the big red button, everything works fine in P3d too. Elsewhere I did find a short-form guide to starting up but... same result. What am I doing wrong?

Does anyone else even use the C-130? Nothing but a scornful silence in another, opressively orthodox site so I do wonder.

Any help is very much appreciated.

D

The command to "switch engine 1 starter on" is something you have to assign yourself.

I assigned it to myself. (same command switches the starter off again btw.)

(I used that command as I already had assigned "open fuel valve of engine 1" to )

used the same logic to assign those commands for engines 2, 3, and 4.

To be honest, I did that in FSX. But I think it's no different in P3D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks very much for replying.

I wasn't aware that there is a "switch engine X starter on" command -- I'd never thought of looking. A key assignment for each starter is nice and simple and, like all such elegant solutions, obvious after someone has pointed it out to me.

I'll be having a trial with it when I get home and quite probably a good look through the entire list of commands to see what else is available :)

Thanks again.

D