FPS friendly payware?

Hunonymous

Hi,

It will depend on what level of 'realism' you want WRT the included cockpit, flight dynamics and procedures, such as start up, fuel management etc, but here are some companies that offer FPS friendly aircraft of the type that you seek are:

Just Flight - this LINK take you to the Aircraft type landing page. I have several of their products (A330/A340, VC10, Tristar to name a few) and they are very FPS friendly. Some are also part of JFs' 'F-Lite' range which means they have been developed to be more procedural in their use than the default aircraft but, if the user chooses, not as realistic as some products such as those by PMDG or Aerosoft.

Also available of the Just Flight website are Virtualcol products - many of these can also be considered as FPS friendly.

Another option is models by AFS-Design - LINK - again most models offer good FPS.

Regards

Brian

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response....

First I should point out that the main class of stuff that I 'fly' is military so I have few payware airliner types in my 'hanger'. Those that I do have are predominantly from a more classic era. I don't own any of the Virtualcol products but included the reference having read reviews of some of the products - it appears from such reviews that they are FPS friendly and offer more realistic operating procedures than default models.

WRT AFS-Design stuff - I only have a couple of their fighter packages but they are good on FPS and offer both simplistic and realistic procedural options.

Of the Just Flight stuff that I have the VC10 and TriStar are both Pro versions and are at or near the same level of realism as the Level-D 767, although both still offer simplification of some areas of operation is one chooses.

Also note that both products were originally released as 'standard' versions and then subsequently a Pro version was developed - the VC10 is now only available in the Pro version whereas the Tristar is still available in both standard and pro version. The standard version offers

Both products offer realistic operational systems relevant to the what the aircraft carried including fuel management and navigational systems - for example the INS nav system on the VC-10 can only store 9 VOR/DME waypoints and needs to be updated as you fly the route with new waypoints (but there is also a GPS based nav system if one wishes to use it).

The Just Flight A330/A340 product is actually called Airbus Collection: Long Haul and, as I stated in my last post, is more procedural than the default aircraft but is not as realistic as Level D.

WRT to Luke's suggestion - I also have the Quality Wings 757 and can recommend that as to good product - good on FPS and a very high level of procedural requirements but probably not as high as the Level D 767

Regards

Brian