FSX NVI setup problem

kwi

Hi all,

I made a fresh setup of FSX Sp1/2 under Win10/64 fully updated.

For NVI settings I used the guide from NickN (https://www.simforums.com/forums/nvi-w7810-driver-setup-fsx-fsxse-and-p3d-update_topic59954.html ) which gave me always good results.

But at this time I got some abnormalities: in full screen mode, which I use, I have clear panel, PFD and ND are very clear and frames

locked at 30 are constant. But, during taxi and after t/o I have heavy stutters. The ground equipment from GSX looks like to jump 2meter forward, 1 meter backwards and so on the whole way.

Now comes the mistery: if I switch to window mode, same frames, same clarity, but everything smooth as silk!!!!

Can someone of the experts here tell my on which screw I have to turn to get the same also in full screen mode??

Tks in advance

Peter

Ancient I7-2600@3900, 24gb ram, 250gb ssd win10/64, 500gb ssd fsx, 500gb ssd p3d v3.4

Hi Peter, NVI isn't needed to get Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering for FSX. Both work fine in full screen and windowed modes with NVidia Control Panel only.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks Tim for your answer.

I am not a expert at all, but I do not think that AA and AF have anything to do with my stutters.

Don´t get me wrong: that problem is the stuttering in full screen and without stuttering in window mode,

without changing anything.

Peter

Ancient I7-2600@3900, 24gb ram, 250gb ssd win10/64, 500gb ssd fsx, 500gb ssd p3d v3.4

Hi Peter, what I meant was that NVI isn't needed at all with FSX. Does the stuttering still happen without NVI running in the background?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim,

I have to check out. Good Idea, by the way.

Will come back to you, but need a while I´m not home at the moment

Peter

@Mallcott I know that the advice about 2 years old. But that was the only one which give me the clarity

to read the PFD, ND and EWD/EICAS screens inside VC (AS 320 / CS777) Used driver is

@Tim I removed NI from System. No change at all. Super smooth and clear in window mode, Jumping

in full screen mode as described above.

@Both Later today I will remove the Nvidia driver and install a older one. Maybe my machine cannot

handle those brandnew drivers. Report comes tomorrow.

Thank you both

Peter

I removed NI from System. No change at all. Super smooth and clear in window mode, Jumping in full screen mode as described above.

This is to be expected - all NI does is modify the driver configs to behave in a certain way when an application is running. This, by the way, is what the NV Control panel does, you just have a lot more options with NVI. You do not need it running for it to have an effect.

Do you know what your GPU load is when you get the stutters, and when you don't? NVI, when running, can display this ;) but so can GPU-Z.

Cheers!

Luke

Work done last night:

Remove NVI from system and reboot: no change/no help

Setting up Nvidia contr panel FSX with a older settings: no change/no help

Deinstalled Nvidia driver 441.41 from system, reboot, install 398.38, no change/no help

Installed NVI again, no change/no help

I thinking more and more the problem is not FSX related, it is something wrong with my PC.

What made me thinking of that: last Sunday we had a long elec power cut.

So I checked the BIOS and found that all SSD`s running in EIDE mode not in AHCI. But I`m unable

to restore the BIOS to AHCI. The AHCI Driver is loaded, but when I change to AHCI the PC will not

reboot anymore. Maybe it could something give that problem, but why only in full screen.

I think I give up and accept window mode for flying. (That is a FSX pc only, nothing else)

Thanks to all for your help

Peter

This is to be expected - all NI does is modify the driver configs to behave in a certain way when an application is running. This, by the way, is what the NV Control panel does, you just have a lot more options with NVI. You do not need it running for it to have an effect.

Do you know what your GPU load is when you get the stutters, and when you don't? NVI, when running, can display this ;) but so can GPU-Z.

Cheers!

Luke

Hi Luke,

Found GPU load always steady acc GPU-Z

Peter