Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Article: On An Older System - Series Introduction

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 1996
    Location
    FlightSim.Com World HQ
    Posts
    3,499
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Article: On An Older System - Series Introduction


  2. #2

    Default

    What a welcome article! Thought everyone went to the latest and supposedly greatest new FS systems. I for one am also a lone wolf having flown corporate aircraft in conjunction with my job of 46 years and have now accumulated triple of my actual flying hours to the Microsoft FS world and loving my Steam Version of FSX. I too do not have the financial ability to keep up with computers, but am very happy with my I5 4 stage processor, and my Gigabyte GTX-980 Vidio Card. I use 3 monitors and all is great. My favorite aircraft still is the LJ-45 as I have 1200+ hrs flying the Lear 24 with the DeHoward wing mod. Anyway, loved your article and looking forward to more from you. Thanks RS

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi Ken, it’s a pleasure to hear news from you again, if you like to have a brief talk about “old times” call me in private (mail, fb, instagram etc)
    Regards AngeloM

  4. #4

    Default

    A brilliant article! It's given me hope for my older system.
    Del

  5. #5

    Default

    Well.... there's a name from my hazy memory! I am fairly confident I have some of your products lurking in my collection, and I too was around the Compuserve forums way back when the internet seemed a scary place!
    I completely agree with you on your point about the magic being in your imagination, not necessarily bound to the latest and greatest hardware or software. I recall some amazing experiences in FS98, and even further back in FS2 which were only amazing because of the time and place, not the computer that was running, or the simulator software.

    I still run FS9 in my 737 home cockpit, despite being able to run newer stuff, FS9 is still doing the job for me

    Looking forward to the next in your series

    SeanG

  6. Default

    Thanks Ken for the great article! I look forward to the rest in your series. Best wishes, Max

  7. Default

    Thanks Ken for bringing back memories that were almost gone. I too was on Compuserve then. Oh boy, those were the days. I started flightsimming with FS4 "pimped up" with some "huge" downloaded files and my parents almost kicked me out, because our phone bills suddenly were sheer astronomical at those times. No flat rates in Austria at those times yet … :-)
    Looking forward to your next article.
    Greetings from LOWG, Werner

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rudys View Post
    What a welcome article! Thought everyone went to the latest and supposedly greatest new FS systems. I for one am also a lone wolf having flown corporate aircraft in conjunction with my job of 46 years and have now accumulated triple of my actual flying hours to the Microsoft FS world and loving my Steam Version of FSX. I too do not have the financial ability to keep up with computers, but am very happy with my I5 4 stage processor, and my Gigabyte GTX-980 Vidio Card. I use 3 monitors and all is great. My favorite aircraft still is the LJ-45 as I have 1200+ hrs flying the Lear 24 with the DeHoward wing mod. Anyway, loved your article and looking forward to more from you. Thanks RS
    Thank you for the feedback RS. I am working on the next article this week, and there will be a lot of "heart and soul" in this one!

    Regards,

    Kenneth

    (By the way... Miriam is my wife's name. Back in the VIP days, I wanted to go on the forums anonymously, so my account was set up with her name!.. Neer changed it!)

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moneta View Post
    Hi Ken, it’s a pleasure to hear news from you again, if you like to have a brief talk about “old times” call me in private (mail, fb, instagram etc)
    Regards AngeloM
    WOW... Hello my old friend! It is good to hear from you Angelo. Yes, I know the posting uses my wife's name, but I set it up that way waaaay back in the VIP days to remain anonymous on the forum! I will contact you privately to catch up on the decades..

    Regards
    Kenneth

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dels View Post
    A brilliant article! It's given me hope for my older system.
    Del
    Hello Del, thank you for the feedback. Better to have hope for the old system we can use now, than to hold back in a flight sim void only hoping for a new system!

    Regards
    Kenneth

    (Ps, I set up my flightsim account decades ago with my wife's name to stay anonymous in forums! Never changed it!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Older simmer, even older system!
    By appliedsol in forum Newcomer Services
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM
  2. Help with an Older System...
    By ViperPilot2 in forum PC Hardware, Video And Audio Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 03:36 AM
  3. Older System with FSX
    By kurtneeb in forum PC Hardware, Video And Audio Help
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •