BGLDFDF File????

pomak249

Hi Peeps

I downloaded and installed the UAON Baykonur scenery from Avsim.su but when trying to 'go to' the airport it crashes my FSX? I have noticed in the scenery folder a .bgl file called 'capsule2.BGLDFDF File' - I have never seen this file prefix before and wonder if this could be causing the COTDs?

Unistalled it for the time being and no other issues - any ideas peeps?

Cheers

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Was there a ReadMe file included in the download? If so, did it have anything to say about that file?

Did you try changing the file suffix to a simple .bgl?

Just a couple of ideas. More coffee may generate more...:confused:

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi Pat no readme unfortunately tried renaming but just duplicates the suffix!

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

OK, I found it, and the file of which you speak.

Tell me, do you have your FSX scenery folders located in the dreaded C:\Program Files(X86) folder, by any chance?

IE: C:\Program Files(X86)\FSX\Addon scenery\ or something similar?

If you do, make a backup of the suspect file, and put it in a temp folder someplace. Like C:\Temp, for example. MOVE the file there, don't copy it. So now, there isn't a capsule2 file of any kind in your FSX folders. In the temp folder, make a copt of the file, and rename the copy to capsule2.bgl .

Take the copy, capsule2.bgl, and move it to your FSX folder that has the other files in it. Now, the folder in your FSX folders should only have a capsule2.bgl in it.

Load up FSX, and try going to the airport in question. Does it still crash out your FSX?

If it still does, try simply deleting the capsule2.bgl file. Does it still cause the CTD?

If so, may I suggest downloading and installing the OTHER UAON scenery at Avsim? The one that is 97062 bytes, not the newer, 8644 byte file by Mr. Trapp.

By the way, before deleting an entire scenery folder group from FSX, make sure you remove it from the File Library using the in-game menus first. If you simply delete it and restart FSX, you'll get an annoying scenery error message as it loads up.

Hope this is some small help...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi m8 i deleted the DFDF file and now no crash (btw my FSX is on my M drive) sadly the scenery has trees in a black box so hardly worth the trouble.

Thanks for your help

Mick