Freeware Fun: Grumman Goose

jankees

If I'm not mistaken, the Grumman Goose came as default with FSX (or was it FS9?), but the guys over at the old OZx site completely reworked it and it became a wonderful model of a wonderful aircraft, come, it can land on water and land, it's a warbird, a GA and passenger liner, what's not to like?

I did a couple of paints for it, some seen below, and I recently installed it in P3DV4, where it works flawlessly, albeit without a wake (yet..). I've always loved seaplanes and amphibians, like the Catalina and the Goose, so I thought I'd share it again. Not sure if you can still download it anywhere, but I still have a copy if you want it and can't find it.

Anyway, a few screenies:

49105933591_57be34b7d1_h.jpgjk2134

49105423613_84fc4f6e3a_h.jpgjk2209

49106117592_a3481b8983_h.jpgjk2193

49106117677_29a71d0f35_h.jpgjk2189

49106117977_e89efa4d0f_h.jpgjk2166

49105933221_8e073c96b2_h.jpgjk2154

49105933426_384200bb33_h.jpgjk2140

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

Great Shots Jankees!! I've never tried a "repaint." I have no idea how that works. Must you already have the plane in your hanger before you download a repaint?

The reason I'm asking is I've not been able to renew my FSX license on this computer I recently built. I have no idea why. As I mentioned when I showed a screen shot of a submarine which our "Noble Airman" claims, the default aircraft options after P3D was "Updated" are damned "Slim Pickings!!"

When I 1st bought P3D a couple of years ago there were several default aircraft included. But they were removed without any warning during the update. Is that Bait and Switch?

And there's almost no freeware out there for P3D V4. P3D doesn't seem to be catching on anything like as quickly as all the Microsoft sims did! Unlike some (1) flyer on this site, I really don't need a submarine to fly in.

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Fine! Such a series with some more, could nearly induce a certain Dutch aviator to test landing on water with appropriate planes :):)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Very well done! Thanks for posting :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great Shots Jankees!! I've never tried a "repaint." I have no idea how that works. Must you already have the plane in your hanger before you download a repaint?

The reason I'm asking is I've not been able to renew my FSX license on this computer I recently built. I have no idea why. As I mentioned when I showed a screen shot of a submarine which our "Noble Airman" claims, the default aircraft options after P3D was "Updated" are damned "Slim Pickings!!"

When I 1st bought P3D a couple of years ago there were several default aircraft included. But they were removed without any warning during the update. Is that Bait and Switch?

And there's almost no freeware out there for P3D V4. P3D doesn't seem to be catching on anything like as quickly as all the Microsoft sims did! Unlike some (1) flyer on this site, I really don't need a submarine to fly in.

Michael

Hi Michael,

yes, for a repaint to work, you will need to have the model already in your sim. Just download any of my repaints and you will find a readme file explaining how to install it.

Indeed, there is as yet little freeware specifically for P3D, but everything I have shown so far as Freeware Fun are FSX models that work fine for me in P3Dv4.5, so you can always try those.

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.