CPU usage of the new sim

Hi all,

What do we know to date of how the new sim will utilize modern CPU's. For instance, will it support multiple core usage and hyperthreading?

Seems to me that if they are to deliver all that is promised along with ai and atc etc, that maximising the capabilities of today's and future CPUs (although that is hard to predict as was shown by FSX) it will be essential.

Àny thoughts?

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

It will use multiple cores? That's great news. That was my question. Do we know how many cores, yet? I'm planning to buy a new desktop PC. Thanks so much. I want to equip myself with the optimal cpu. This is very important to me.
Real pilot, with some flight simming experience. Recently thought of migrating to Prepar3D, version 3, but I'm sticking with FSX, ( now with "Steam", I'm happy with FSX ). No more crashes due to minimal frame rates, but I always seem to need tips and advice. Yes, from everyone. It never ends. Thanks... :rolleyes:

It will use multiple cores? That's great news. That was my question. Do we know how many cores, yet? I'm planning to buy a new desktop PC. Thanks so much. I want to equip myself with the optimal cpu. This is very important to me.
Exciting news indeed.

I am also planning for a high end PC but I will wait until close to release when we will know the full spec requirement and also by the time this is released there should be even better PCs on the market.

This is really shaping up to be all we hoped for.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

It's being designed for an AMD Zen 2 CPU with 8 cores. AMD are launching the top-of-the-range Ryzen Threadripper 3970X for high-end desktops on November 25 2019, and the expected price is $1999, but a Ryzen 7 3800X should do the job for now at $399.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Nope, it's much too early to know specifics. Your best bet is to wait until it has been released and there are some reviews out.