Thread: CPU usage of the new sim

Default CPU usage of the new sim

Hi all,

What do we know to date of how the new sim will utilize modern CPU's. For instance, will it support multiple core usage and hyperthreading?

Seems to me that if they are to deliver all that is promised along with ai and atc etc, that maximising the capabilities of today's and future CPUs (although that is hard to predict as was shown by FSX) it will be essential.

Àny thoughts?

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

They have confirmed it will use multiple cores and DX11, so should make much better use of modern hardware.

It will use multiple cores? That's great news. That was my question. Do we know how many cores, yet? I'm planning to buy a new desktop PC. Thanks so much. I want to equip myself with the optimal cpu. This is very important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aviation1974 View Post
    It will use multiple cores? That's great news. That was my question. Do we know how many cores, yet? I'm planning to buy a new desktop PC. Thanks so much. I want to equip myself with the optimal cpu. This is very important to me.
    Exciting news indeed.

I am also planning for a high end PC but I will wait until close to release when we will know the full spec requirement and also by the time this is released there should be even better PCs on the market.

This is really shaping up to be all we hoped for.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

It's being designed for an AMD Zen 2 CPU with 8 cores. AMD are launching the top-of-the-range Ryzen Threadripper 3970X for high-end desktops on November 25 2019, and the expected price is $1999, but a Ryzen 7 3800X should do the job for now at $399.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 11-25-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Nope, it's much too early to know specifics. Your best bet is to wait until it has been released and there are some reviews out.

I would say plan for the best system you can budget and add to that budget a monthly subscription rate as well as the fastest internet you can afford! Can we say "CA-JING $$$!"