RAF Gatow

sapphire

There's an FS2004 version of Gatow EDUG in the library here by Manfred Jahn: edug.zip.

DC-3 Airways Virtual Airline has a Gatow scenery converted for FSX which is based on an FS2004 scenery, you can find it here: http://dc3airways.net/special_events/bal_5/

To be honest, the only Gatow I've heard of before is the one from the Black Forest! :D

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

There's an FS2004 version of Gatow EDUG in the library here by Manfred Jahn: edug.zip.

DC-3 Airways Virtual Airline has a Gatow scenery converted for FSX which is based on an FS2004 scenery, you can find it here: http://dc3airways.net/special_events/bal_5/

To be honest, the only Gatow I've heard of before is the one from the Black Forest! :D

Ha ha

That would be a Gateau then :)

Thanks for the reply - I have tried the EDUG fs2004 scenery but that gives me some distorted scenery such as black out trees and runway distortion

I will try the dc3airways one

I have tried the dc3airways one (BAL file) and I have now not only got a perfect RAF Gatow but also the surrounding Havel scenery.

I did 3 tours at RAF Gatow from 1976 to 1990 - and this brings back such memories

Reminds me of my tours there ... touring the perimeter fence, that is :)

• 1 year later...

Two things to notice:

1. This thread is almost exactly 2 years old, and

2. This forum deals with FSX.

I do not mean to discourage you from posting, and I apologize if this looks like it.

To get a reply to your question, you would probably be better off going to the AIG forums, where a lot of AFCAD designers hang out.

Jorgen

I'm not sure Jorgen, even if it is an old thread resurrected sometimes they provide an answer for someone new to the sim and saved them a lot of searching.

As for this thread I never knew DC3Airways had that scenery as others may not know either, but your answer also provided information about AIG so again others may never have heard of it so now may go there.

Col.