Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Disappointed to say the least!

Blog Entries

I hope the SDK gets put out for "All" developers--"All" as oon as possible. I keep remembering the promises the "Flight" Team made. I am, Yes!!, very skeptic...."very".

Quote Originally Posted by sky44 View Post
    I hope the SDK gets put out for "All" developers--"All" as oon as possible. I keep remembering the promises the "Flight" Team made. I am, Yes!!, very skeptic...."very".
    I think there are some good indicators this isn't going to be another Flight. For example, the project lead for Flight thought 20,000 airports was too confusing for users and cut the sim down to Hawaii at launch. Asobo, on the other hand have frequently talked about having more than 40,000 airports. I have a feeling the big issues with the new sim will be along the lines of performance of all the new features, and people not getting the features they personally want at launch (even though MS has said they are committed to building this for the next 10 years).

Blog Entries

Mr. loki says" I think there are some good indicators this isn't going to be another Flight. For example, the project lead for Flight thought 20,000 airports was too confusing for users and cut the sim down to Hawaii at launch. Asobo, on the other hand have frequently talked about having more than 40,000 airports. I have a feeling the big issues with the new sim will be along the lines of performance of all the new features, and people not getting the features they personally want at launch (even though MS has said they are committed to building this for the next 10 years)."

I admire your optimism!!!!... ...

4. Default

I am glad to see I am not just one of the few who is not hyped about Flight Simulator. Even so with FSX in its decade of existence, this program (FSX) has so much to offer. Other than cool satellite quality graphics, in the upcoming Flight Simulator release, I feel it looks like I will be flying in that Will Smith movie where New York is dead and void of people except zombies. The only thing I am hoping for is a better ATC engine, I only fly with default ATC.

With all that being said...I am wondering if it is even worth designing stuff for FSX. I will post my creations as I do, but it just seems the number of downloads are dwindling. I have a few more projects I am working on in San Diego, Eugene and Pearl Harbor.

My intention is to wait on the purchase of Flight Simulator until after a year. I know some folks still use FS9, and I would too if I hadn't broke that magical required disk. But I feel it is better to wait for all the bugs get worked out and wait for some add-on availability. Another issue is that I have so much $ invested in FSX too.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog80 View Post

My intention is to wait on the purchase of Flight Simulator until after a year. I know some folks still use FS9, and I would too if I hadn't broke that magical required disk. But I feel it is better to wait for all the bugs get worked out and wait for some add-on availability. Another issue is that I have so much $ invested in FSX too.
    Owning a ton of ORBX scenery, a hand built computer designed for FSX and P3D v4.5 as well, I'll probably hold onto my card for a while too.

Another good reason for having patience is what I call the Corvair or Vega factor. TBTG I didn't join a lot of Chevy fans and jump on either of those autos when they first came out!! Hind sight is 20/20. Foresight is much more accurate with a little dab of patience!!

Rupert

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    I'd have to disagree there...It would be proper to give developers -- all of them -- access to the new sim as soon as possible so they can learn how to add to it, also as soon as possible.
    Maybe as soon as possible isn't now yet.

Maddog80...
    You don't 'invest' in a game, you spend money on addons.

To invest is toput (money) into financial schemes, shares, property, or a commercial venture with the expectation of achieving a profit.

So, those that 'invest' in their not for profit game is spending money. That money spent, by definition, will not accrue monetary value at all.

Just saying..
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

There are other ways to profit than by financial value.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    There are other ways to profit than by financial value.
    The older I get the more I can understand and agree with that statement!! Giving a smile to someone else is certainly a profit to both of us. And money, it's just money!

10. Default

I realize those who are testers will not be able to share anything they have experienced with the new MSFS platform. I realize that many have spent a lot of money on scenery enhancements, airport addons, aircraft, etc.

But, if what the developers of MSFS 2020 have shown is not stimulating, wherein you have a world wide flying platform that is years ahead of the previous versions, with VFR capabilities, why wouldn't developers have a wonderful time making addons, both scenery and aircraft, alike? I can't wait.
    Last edited by Timberleaf; 04-11-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    Timberleaf
    Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c
    "One man's chop is another man's turbulence"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2