Sicily: Coast to Coast

azzaro

Spending some time in the smelly part of the boot. :eek: (maybe it's the deflated soccer ball Italy is kicking)

Hey. My grandmother was Sicilian, I can say stuff like that. :o Anyhow a fun flight across Sicily from Palermo to Catania.

A great Tecnam Eaglet from Ant's Airplanes and some interesting weather courtesy of Active Sky 2016.

Please be patient with comments - it's a three part post. Oh, yeah, Mount Etna shows up near the end of the send post.

Sicily_c2c (1).jpg

Sicily_c2c (2).jpg

Sicily_c2c (3).jpg

Sicily_c2c (4).jpg

Sicily_c2c (5).jpg

Sicily_c2c (6).jpg

Sicily_c2c (7).jpg

Sicily_c2c (8).jpg

Sicily_c2c (9).jpg

Sicily_c2c (10).jpg

2 more parts coming...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Nice relaxing flight! Just seems smooth with the plane and scenery :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Outstanding shots, Bob! ....and thanks for including Mt. Etna! Actually been to both Catania and Palermo. Took the train around Etna the day after an eruption in 2016.

Not clouds but steam coming out of the top

Mt Etna.JPG

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Outstanding shots, Bob! ....and thanks for including Mt. Etna! Actually been to both Catania and Palermo. Took the train around Etna the day after an eruption in 2016.
I trust you survived the local wine. It can pack quite a punch when you're knee deep in food and not really paying attention. :o

Wow, what a scenery Bob!! :cool::cool::cool: Pics are fantastic, I've been there in real life also. Orbx scenery I guess?:)
Orbx Global and FSG mesh with AS16 (so, very little left of vanilla FSX). I had to uninstall Vector as it was causing all kinds of elevation issues.

I have never been south of Amalfi but southern Italy in general is under appreciated. A much more Greek/North African vibe, both scenically and culturally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

I trust you survived the local wine. It can pack quite a punch when you're knee deep in food and not really paying attention. :o

Great wine! Most grown locally on the volcanic hillside. Great food, also! A quick pic of dinner the first night. This was the first course after appetizers.

IMG_0349.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️