Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kuantan, Malaysia (WMKD) to Hong Kong (VHHH) DC-10 New Panel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    David - Here's the panel I use in my DC-10's and MD-11's! It might not be the best panel out there, but, sure beats the 2 engine B737 panel that some developers are quick to include in their 3 engine offerings! Your panel looks very nice indeed!

Attachment 213480

Rick
    Very nice panel indeed! Definitely modernized for an old workhorse!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    Fine! The new Hong Kong is fine but a lot of simmers will miss the old checkerboard approach! That was piloting!
    I never flew the checker board approach but you’re right a lot of simmers liked it

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDSTRAKA View Post
    I never flew the checker board approach but you’re right a lot of simmers liked it
    I agree, I loved that old approach to the old airport while simming! It was great practice!! Having said that, I don't don't think it would have been any fun RW!!

In fact I remember going there RW once by aircraft carrier in the 1960's. That wasn't fun either!! We had to keep all our aircraft and weapons secured and as out of sight as possible. Plus we had to line thew flight deck in our Class A uniforms so the defense facilities knew we weren't capable of launching aircraft while we made our way among the Chinese owned islands and strips of mainland into the, then, independent zone and city called Hong Kong.

Now since it's all Chinese, I have no idea if ships like a US carrier would even be allowed there at all?

Michael

Tried it in the ancient times, some sessions. Very interesting! Pilots had to master all the subtleness of flaps and speeds! And a great feeling when turning and descending to the runway
    Don't know whether such a thrilling one is available in FSX
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    Now since it's all Chinese, I have no idea if ships like a US carrier would even be allowed there at all?
    Now in the area, in terms of military, that's mostly about the Taiwan Straight! For the rest, I think that's mostly business and money, AI and 5G
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Tried it in the ancient times, some sessions. Very interesting! Pilots had to master all the subtleness of flaps and speeds! And a great feeling when turning and descending to the runway
    Don't know whether such a thrilling one is available in FSX
    No, it never was as difficult in the sim as what I heard described by an old friend of mine who used to fly there RW before he retired from DHL. But if you went to the effort to program in the approach from RW charts and simmed it as close as possible to RW. It was certainly more difficult than the new airport is to sim into.

Hell, the new airport is no tougher RW to fly in and out of than KCVG where my friend called his home base!

Michael

now in the area, in terms of military, that's mostly about the taiwan straight! For the rest, i think that's mostly business and money, ai and 5g
    [B]don't be fooled by the political bullshit, it's always only about the money!![/b

Nice flight to Hong Kong David. I like that panel for the DC-10. I got several old looking panels for my FS9 DC-10 and MD-11 birds.
    Larry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NMLW View Post
    Nice flight to Hong Kong David. I like that panel for the DC-10. I got several old looking panels for my FS9 DC-10 and MD-11 birds.
    Definitely a reminder of how things are progressing in aviation!

Nice screenshots, looks like a long flight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast