Over a lot of water this trip

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

Nice scenery on approach to Hong Kong

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

Please see PART 2

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PART 2

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

fsscr012.jpg

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr018.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great flight, and the new panel works OK i think! :cool::cool::pilot:

I put the TCAS function in it and installed the INS. Don’t know how to use an INS but it’s there :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice pics David! Panel looks great!

Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick! I like a little “old fashion” occasionally! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nice pic

Thanks!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Here's the panel I use in my DC-10's and MD-11's! It might not be the best panel out there, but, sure beats the 2 engine B737 panel that some developers are quick to include in their 3 engine offerings! Your panel looks very nice indeed!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]213480[/ATTACH]

Rick :cool:

Very nice panel indeed! Definitely modernized for an old workhorse!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fine! The new Hong Kong is fine but a lot of simmers will miss the old checkerboard approach! That was piloting!

I never flew the checker board approach but you’re right a lot of simmers liked it

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never flew the checker board approach but you’re right a lot of simmers liked it

I agree, I loved that old approach to the old airport while simming! It was great practice!! Having said that, I don't don't think it would have been any fun RW!! :eek::eek:

In fact I remember going there RW once by aircraft carrier in the 1960's. That wasn't fun either!! We had to keep all our aircraft and weapons secured and as out of sight as possible. Plus we had to line thew flight deck in our Class A uniforms so the defense facilities knew we weren't capable of launching aircraft while we made our way among the Chinese owned islands and strips of mainland into the, then, independent zone and city called Hong Kong.

Now since it's all Chinese, I have no idea if ships like a US carrier would even be allowed there at all?

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Tried it in the ancient times, some sessions. Very interesting! Pilots had to master all the subtleness of flaps and speeds! :pilot: And a great feeling when turning and descending to the runway

Don't know whether such a thrilling one is available in FSX

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Now since it's all Chinese, I have no idea if ships like a US carrier would even be allowed there at all?

Now in the area, in terms of military, that's mostly about the Taiwan Straight! For the rest, I think that's mostly business and money, AI and 5G :)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Tried it in the ancient times, some sessions. Very interesting! Pilots had to master all the subtleness of flaps and speeds! :pilot: And a great feeling when turning and descending to the runway

Don't know whether such a thrilling one is available in FSX

No, it never was as difficult in the sim as what I heard described by an old friend of mine who used to fly there RW before he retired from DHL. But if you went to the effort to program in the approach from RW charts and simmed it as close as possible to RW. It was certainly more difficult than the new airport is to sim into.

Hell, the new airport is no tougher RW to fly in and out of than KCVG where my friend called his home base!

Michael

now in the area, in terms of military, that's mostly about the taiwan straight! For the rest, i think that's mostly business and money, ai and 5g :)

don't be fooled by the political bullshit, it's always only about the money!![/b ;)[/b]

Nice flight to Hong Kong David. I like that panel for the DC-10. :cool: :cool: I got several old looking panels for my FS9 DC-10 and MD-11 birds.

Definitely a reminder of how things are progressing in aviation!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice screenshots, looks like a long flight.

Thank you kindly! Somewhere over 2 hours I believe. :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]