Pacific Terrain Question

silverheels2

Hi all:

Well, after 20 some odd years of simming I never explored the Pacific, including the tropical islands, Australia, New Zealand, the island nations between Australia and Japan, and Japan itself. I have acquired the UT and GEX packages and freeware airports for the entire area it seems, other than between Australia and China. It seems that Malaysia, New Guinea, Indonesia, and the Phillipines terrain are not covered by any UT. I have found adequate well done freeware airports but no terrain coverage so that the island shorelines are very basic, reminding me os default FS 2004 and FSX. Do I have a correct understanding of the scenery available for FSX?

Thanks in advance

Rick

Hi Rick, I don't know what UT and GEX is but I can highly recommend ORBX scenery (payware) for Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. If it wasn't for Head Trackr, FSUIPC, and ORBX scenery, all of which have provided a very significant improvement in simulator immersion and situation reality I would probably not be flight simming anymore. I realize there is a noticeable cost involved but for these 3 products in particular you get a very high quality " big bang for your buck " and great support!. Best wishes, Max

Hi Rick, I don't know what UT and GEX is but I can highly recommend ORBX scenery (payware) for Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. If it wasn't for Head Trackr, FSUIPC, and ORBX scenery, all of which have provided a very significant improvement in simulator immersion and situation reality I would probably not be flight simming anymore. I realize there is a noticeable cost involved but for these 3 products in particular you get a very high quality " big bang for your buck " and great support!. Best wishes, Max

Hi Max:

Thanks for your response. I will follow up and take a look at the Orbx stuff for that area. I did try out the Orbx global coverage a few years back and it did not end well once I decided to roll back to FSX default and Flight1 UTX and GEX. But time has moved on and the developers continue to turn out better stuff.

Thanks again,

Rick