Lockheed L749 Black Screen Problem

Ray Hff

Installed Manfred Jahn's Lockheed L749 Consellation--LOCKHEED749.ZIP. (Using its prop option -- propdisk_r8.dds.)

All work's well except when moving from windowed screen back to full screen, the screen goes black.

All my other aricraft make this transition, back and forth, fine.

Any ideas for a fix ?

Strange. By pausing first and then making the screen transition, it works fine. It works fine then and after that it works without pausing. But, no matter what, it must be paused for the very first transition.

It's odd. Every other aircraft just makes the transition at any time, first or otherwise.

Strange. By pausing first and then making the screen transition, it works fine. It works fine then and after that it works without pausing. But, no matter what, it must be paused for the very first transition.

It's odd. Every other aircraft just makes the transition at any time, first or otherwise.

I was just coming to say that about pausing before switching. It may be the textures for the aircraft causing the black screen. I'll take a look and see.

Maybe! The 609 texture I was using is 13.4 MB which is fairly big file for .bmp textures. Great aircraft!

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It was on my laptop that I had the issue. Runing the same aircraft on my desktop computer, it ran perfect -- no problems in moving between screens.

The only difference in the two was that the desktop had an operative affinity mask, the laptop did not.

I set up an affinity mask on the laptop and all works perfect.

Why that made a difference, I do not know; but I'm glad it all works now.

PS And yes, Zippy that's a great aircraft. (I was fortunate enough to actually see one before T.W.A. got rid of their last one.)

After further FSX sessions, the problem started up again.

After even more sessions, the problem disappeared and it now goes from screen to screen without issue.

The only thing I can figure is that the issue was caused by whatever flight I loaded as default.

Never solved the mystery; but, I'm glad it's all working now.