Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New FSX Steam Edition Beta Release

Default New FSX Steam Edition Beta Release

Microsoft has pushed out a new beat release of FSX Steam Edition. The primary change is adding telemetry to support their development of the new sim. There are, however, additional bug fixes and updates, including the reintegration of live weather. See the link below for the full release notes.

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/10358...29393507642734

2. Default

This is more exciting than the new sim for me! lol
    I hope they do more with it in the future than look to obtain usage data. I doubt it but I'll live in hope.
    Mark Daniels

3. Default

Live weather is back, and actually accurate.

EDIT: and it crashes to desktop. Probably my security settings, but "aint nobody got no time for that!".. back to what works
    Last edited by Hossfly68; 11-16-2019 at 04:47 PM.

4. Default

And it gets weirder. Went back to the normal files, but it seems that there has been massive climate change on FlightSim World. Taking off over Mobile Bay and the bay is gone. There is no bay, no Gulf, no lakes, no rivers. I validated the Steam files and restarted. Nuthin! Restarted the computer. Nuthin!
    What can cause all water to disappear?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly68 View Post
    Live weather is back, and actually accurate.

EDIT: and it crashes to desktop. Probably my security settings, but "aint nobody got no time for that!".. back to what works
    Take a read of the comments from the link, lots and lots of problems with it atm.
    Can't wait to see what the new MSFS will be like if they can't manage to fix a couple of minor things without screwing everything up. lol
    Mark Daniels

6. Default

Yep. I got excited and ran in without checking it out. I trusted that it had been checked.
    Won't do that again!

Deactivated all my added sceneries and Ultimate Terrain and GEX. Added em all back one at a time and Mobile Bay has filled back up. Seems back to normal. More test flights will be done tomorrow to ensure that everything still works.

7. Default

HHHMMM Will keep this in mind if Microsoft pushes out a "Update" for the boxed edition.

Loki should lock this thread before it does anymore harm.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 NVMe 250Gb and 2Tb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate/10 Pro

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    Loki should lock this thread before it does anymore harm.
    Then it'll be just like AVSIM!
    A Board of Directors determining what information FS users should have access too! lol
    Mark Daniels

No problems here with a fresh install (in D: HDD), I don't use FSX.
    The internal antialiasing works without Nvidia inspector and getting +100 fps.
    The weather engine runs very, very fast.
    Looks like MS boys are working and solving past mistakes

My PC

HP OMEN PC 880
    i7-7700K 4.2GHz
    32GB RAM
    Nvidia 1080GTX
    476 GB SSD
    2x1.8 TB HDD

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by howlak View Post
    No problems here with a fresh install...
    That appears to be the key. As long as you do a FRESH install. Reading the comments at Steam forum, if you all ready have add-ons (who doesn't), is when the problems start.

From Steam forum...

Quote Originally Posted by antalzoli31
    Not compatible with many add ons. Fps is really higher this is good news and i am happy with the real weather again. It only works if someone reinstalles the game completely.
    On an existing installation, only crash.
    it would have been good if they had given me notice..
    Last edited by dogdish; 11-17-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 NVMe 250Gb and 2Tb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate/10 Pro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast