Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New FSX Steam Edition Beta Release

It appears that many people got excited and skipped over the "Beta" part of the title. This is not a final release and bugs should be expected. To install it, Steam users have to go into the Steam Client and explicitly opt into the beta version.

Don't see any reason to lock this thread.
    Last edited by loki; 11-17-2019 at 12:20 PM.

2. Default

Wondering..... is it possible to retain the orig FSXSE, or does this Beta overwrite the settings in the AppData folder.

3. Default

Canx that just read "Remember that you are always able to opt out of the beta branch and return to the normal branch at any time" so I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    It appears that many people got excited and skipped over the "Beta" part of the title. This is not a final release and bugs should be expected.
    +1 on the "skipped the beta part", but...
    from what I read, I see no plans for a "final" release.

It's above all meant as a telemetry object for a marketing study for the upcoming MSFS 2020 release.

We've released a new beta branch for FSX:SE that will help us gain valuable new telemetry data that will help us in the development of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. If you are interested in assisting us with this process, please follow the link below, select the branch labeled fsx-beta – External Beta and select “yes” when asked if you allow telemetry. Remember that you are always able to opt out of the beta branch and return to the normal branch at any time.
    IMO there's a chance it remains a beta until it has done it's purpose, to dissolve in thin air after that.

Wim

5. Default

"skipped the beta part"

guilty!

"Remember that you are always able to opt out of the beta branch and return to the normal branch at any time"

Thank goodness!

6. Default Yay Real live Weather!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly68 View Post
    Live weather is back, and actually accurate.

EDIT: and it crashes to desktop. Probably my security settings, but "aint nobody got no time for that!".. back to what works
    I have done some flying in the Beta tonight and I just love having my Real Live weather back. What a treat and it works very well right out of the box.
    Too bad yours seems to have crashed to desktop but its most likely something simple. If you get some time to poke around a bit you may just discover the issue.

Hi All, I have just downloaded the FSX Steam Beta Version and it keeps crashing on start up
    I click yes on the Do you want to allow telemetry, FSX page comes up and then in the right bottom corner, i get the message microsoft FS has stopped working, Saying that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Windows will close the program and notify me if a solution is found.

Any help on this , I do not have any third party software on my PC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2