Thread: is it doable?

Default is it doable?

My 7 year old laptop although in mint condition has two or three keyboard buttons including letter L that are no longer operable due to age (not due to any dirt). Is it doable to program and change from number 5 to letter L in numerical pad on right side of my laptop keyboard layout??? If so, how do I do that, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Try a Google search for reassigning laptop keys. Don't think you will be able to do what you want. You may have to resort to a auxiliary keyboard.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

You can buy a replacement keyboard for the laptop on eBay. I have done this before and now my laptop has an upgraded light up keyboard. Though, not all models support that.

Read the laptop disassembly manual on replacing the keyboard. It's not all that difficult. Just take your time.

Absent of that, you're stuck using an external USB keyboard. You'd be better off rather than mapping keys.

What model laptop do you have?
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.
    !M [email protected] B5A9 =G s5FCB *CFA9GHF5B8 5B8 { <5J9 [email protected] <9F9 HC H<9 @=6F5FM

Also on YouTube if you type 'Replacing keys on a laptop' it brings up a few vidoes if you feel up to it, doesn't look hard.

Col.