Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: available memory

1. Default

RE auto updates for W10.
    I use a program called WINDOWS UPDATE MANAGER (WUMP).This is a freeware program that effectively gives you back the choice of which updates you wish to install as per previous versions of Windows.
    I run it everyday usually before a sim session to see what's pending ,if it's for instance virus definitions I will use the option to download and install , If on the other hand it shows the latest major update to W10 I simply choose the option to 'hide' the update and it's not installed, what will happen is every six weeks or so that major update will once again show as ready to install and you simply 'hide ' it again.
    I am not saying that in the future I will not update W10 fully ,but at the moment my sim Fs9 runs trouble free and has done
    for many months and as I only have a 240GB SS drive with Fs9 and W10 on it I don't think I have enough space for any major 10 updates anyway.

Anyways WUMP is the program and it works for me.

Cheers Andy

Thanks Andy, I downloaded Windows Update Manager and selected not to install in the options, had to reboot for it to take effect.

Col.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    Thanks Andy, I downloaded Windows Update Manager and selected not to install in the options, had to reboot for it to take effect.

Col.
    I hope it proves useful for you.
    I have been using for many months now ,and so far has successfully blocked any update that I think may cause issues with my sim (Which of course is THE most important thing ).There are other programs of this type ,but they mostly seem to block everything but WUMGR gives you choice.
    At this moment I haven't got the space on my modest capacity SSD so couldn't install any major w10 updates anyway.
    I may change that in the future , particularly if the new SIM requires it as I suspect it will.

Cheers Andy

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post

Col.
    I hope it proves useful for you.
    I have been using for many months now ,and so far has successfully blocked any update that I think may cause issues with my sim (Which of course is THE most important thing 🙂).There are other programs of this type ,but they mostly seem to block everything but WUMGR gives you choice.
    At this moment I haven't got the space on my modest capacity SSD so couldn't install any major w10 updates anyway.
    I may change that in the future , particularly if the new SIM requires it as I suspect it will.

Cheers Andy

Hey guys, may I add another possibility here, for what's it worth.

Such OOM (out of memory) errors are, in my experience, caused by something which is programmable within FS9, e.g. a cockpit instrument, an effect, etc. and which contains one or more programming errors. In such cases the OOM error message means that something is trying to access a memory area outside that which is allotted for normal user use by Windows. It's in fact a Windows error message and does not mean that you have a shortage of memory. Maybe this can help to narrow down your search for the culprit(s).

Good luck
    Hans

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4