Default Windsock not Showing in FSX after Compiling

DAVIDSTRAKA

I moved this discussion out of the screen shot forum. This is what i was talking about Gerard. You will see in the designer the placed default windsock. Above that is a windsock out of the object library. The second screen shot shows only the library object windsock displayed in grey , no default orange windsock

Thoughts?

sockade.jpg

sock_fsx.jpg

Edited by DAVIDSTRAKA

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes look strange! In any case I think you can turn the 'grey' one into orange-red (when you call for that default ADE windsock, you get a table with options)

Maybe the first one is a objet you added, and that was not very effective :)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Yes look strange! In any case I think you can turn the 'grey' one into orange-red (when you call for that default ADE windsock, you get a table with options)

Maybe the first one is a objet you added, and that was not very effective :)

I just put both in the scenery to show what happens. I don’t get an option to change the non default in edit. Everything in edit for the default is fine. Unless it has something to do with the scenery density

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here follows my usual sequence when calling for a windsock!

winds.jpg

On the other hand, I was thinking that I'm working with the 1.76 version of ADE (with ADE zip, you may have it like the ADE_170 or ADE_175, notwithstanding the update possibility you have inside, once one of the version chosen). That may be a factor

Good work! :)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Here follows my usual sequence when calling for a windsock!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]213326[/ATTACH]

On the other hand, I was thinking that I'm working with the 1.76 version of ADE (with ADE zip, you may have it like the ADE_170 or ADE_175, notwithstanding the update possibility you have inside, once one of the version chosen). That may be a factor

Good work! :)

Thanks Gerard, I'm running the same version. And I looked at your settings for the windsock. Mine was on Extremely Dense. I changed it to Very Sparse and behold! I have a windsock!

Thanks for your help sir.:D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great! I didn't want to elaborate much about the visibility distance settings because I'd got it right for most of my freeware and I hold to that. That make sense of the windsock: they don't have to be visible that away :)

As I also think about, think about the 'No crash detect' parameter in your scenery

Great! I didn't want to elaborate much about the visibility distance settings because I'd got it right for most of my freeware and I hold to that. That make sense of the windsock: they don't have to be visible that away :)

As I also think about, think about the 'No crash detect' parameter in your scenery

Got the "no crash" set up. I may have messed up my whole design by trying some things to get rid of a high tension tower (FSX default object) close to the approach end of one runway. I will find out tonight. I didn't same all the changes when I closed out ADE so hopefully it will revert to my orginal design. No I have to figure out how to get rid of that default tower.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One most important thing! Always keep the FSX default unchanged and work on a file with a new name of yours. Thence, you may also work on a copy of that copy

One most important thing! Always keep the FSX default unchanged and work on a file with a new name of yours. Thence, you may also work on a copy of that copy

Well, I haven't been doing that. I was following the ADE manual and was making changes to FSX as I was going, according to the instruction. Luckly, I'm using another computer with FSX for scenery development and not my main flying FSX on my good computer. I hindsight, I should have done what you mentiond. :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hope you will have kept your FSX default airport file. If not, good souls on that forum could provide you with the original :):)

Keep discovering the enjoyment of scenery creation in FSX :):)

Hope you will have kept your FSX default airport file. If not, good souls on that forum could provide you with the original :):)

Luckily it's only a new, fictitious airport I'm building. I just don't want to mess up the surrounding default scenery. It is fun!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything is fine now. I have attached the screen shot. You will see the tower I'm trying to get rid of :rolleyes:

Tower.jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Think you opted to just lay your airfield atop the default scenery. Usually one can draw the terrain background with the 'Add Polygon' atop. That allows to flatten and erase any default!

If you opted elseway, just use that 'Add Polygon' to erase such or such autogen object only (make a much small polygon only)

Edited by flightsimg

Think you opted to just lay your airfield atop the default scenery. Usually one can draw the terrain background with the 'Add Polygon' atop. That allows to flatten and erase any default!

If you opted elseway, just use that 'Add Polygon' to erase such or such autogen object only (make a much small polygon only)

I had to make a poly, edit “General” exclude “Utilities”. It’s gone!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If that works, the better

Don't want too much to influence you. I personally found by test and try -- and fail :):) -- and I think that's the better way to do

Before being sure your terrain, when complete, is worth, just wait some time and use it for yourself. Any error will pop up. When satisfied, that mean it's okay. If for public release, check more! :):)

Now check you more on the pic forum

If that works, the better

Don't want too much to influence you. I personally found by test and try -- and fail :):) -- and I think that's the better way to do

Before being sure your terrain, when complete, is worth, just wait some time and use it for yourself. Any error will pop up. When satisfied, that mean it's okay. If for public release, check more! :):)

Now check you more on the pic forum

Well I greatly appreciate your help! I’m sure I’ll run into more issues. But so far so good. I’m not sure I’ll release it publicly. It is so fictional and out in the middle of nowhere I don’t think there would be much interest. Who knows :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At last, you will have tried your hands at ADE :)

It’s a challenge!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]