Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Default Windsock not Showing in FSX after Compiling

Blog Entries

Default Default Windsock not Showing in FSX after Compiling

I moved this discussion out of the screen shot forum. This is what i was talking about Gerard. You will see in the designer the placed default windsock. Above that is a windsock out of the object library. The second screen shot shows only the library object windsock displayed in grey , no default orange windsock

Thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sockade.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	213318

Name:	sock_fsx.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	213317
    Last edited by DAVIDSTRAKA; 11-13-2019 at 09:24 PM.
    Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD
    AS16 + ASCA
    ORBX Global BASE
    ORBX Freeware Airports

Yes look strange! In any case I think you can turn the 'grey' one into orange-red (when you call for that default ADE windsock, you get a table with options)
    Maybe the first one is a objet you added, and that was not very effective
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    Yes look strange! In any case I think you can turn the 'grey' one into orange-red (when you call for that default ADE windsock, you get a table with options)
    Maybe the first one is a objet you added, and that was not very effective
    I just put both in the scenery to show what happens. I don’t get an option to change the non default in edit. Everything in edit for the default is fine. Unless it has something to do with the scenery density

Here follows my usual sequence when calling for a windsock!

Name:	winds.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	213326

On the other hand, I was thinking that I'm working with the 1.76 version of ADE (with ADE zip, you may have it like the ADE_170 or ADE_175, notwithstanding the update possibility you have inside, once one of the version chosen). That may be a factor

Good work!
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Blog Entries

Here follows my usual sequence when calling for a windsock!

Name:	winds.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	213326

On the other hand, I was thinking that I'm working with the 1.76 version of ADE (with ADE zip, you may have it like the ADE_170 or ADE_175, notwithstanding the update possibility you have inside, once one of the version chosen). That may be a factor

Good work!
    Thanks Gerard, I'm running the same version. And I looked at your settings for the windsock. Mine was on Extremely Dense. I changed it to Very Sparse and behold! I have a windsock!

Thanks for your help sir.

Great! I didn't want to elaborate much about the visibility distance settings because I'd got it right for most of my freeware and I hold to that. That make sense of the windsock: they don't have to be visible that away
    As I also think about, think about the 'No crash detect' parameter in your scenery

Blog Entries

Great! I didn't want to elaborate much about the visibility distance settings because I'd got it right for most of my freeware and I hold to that. That make sense of the windsock: they don't have to be visible that away
    As I also think about, think about the 'No crash detect' parameter in your scenery
    Got the "no crash" set up. I may have messed up my whole design by trying some things to get rid of a high tension tower (FSX default object) close to the approach end of one runway. I will find out tonight. I didn't same all the changes when I closed out ADE so hopefully it will revert to my orginal design. No I have to figure out how to get rid of that default tower.

One most important thing! Always keep the FSX default unchanged and work on a file with a new name of yours. Thence, you may also work on a copy of that copy

Blog Entries

One most important thing! Always keep the FSX default unchanged and work on a file with a new name of yours. Thence, you may also work on a copy of that copy
    Well, I haven't been doing that. I was following the ADE manual and was making changes to FSX as I was going, according to the instruction. Luckly, I'm using another computer with FSX for scenery development and not my main flying FSX on my good computer. I hindsight, I should have done what you mentiond.

Hope you will have kept your FSX default airport file. If not, good souls on that forum could provide you with the original
    Keep discovering the enjoyment of scenery creation in FSX

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast