Belated Veteran's Day Salute

Dear FS Friends,

It's saddening that yet another Veteran's Day has passed here in the U.S. and no-one posted any pictures specifically to honor our Veteran's. Here is a picture of the iconic DC3/C47 in a fly over of the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in France.

A a somber, yet proud, salute to all our Veteran's - old and young - active and retired - alive and deceased who have kept our country free. We salute you for your service.

Resized_dday_2014_may_003.jpg

Skyknight_TN

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for posting.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, we had November 11th lately in France. It usually was mostly WWI as it was question recently to unify all those war celebrations into less, single days
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thanks for the comments Aaron & Charlie. The scenery in the picture is here in the library:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery

FS2004 Normandy American Cemetery Scenery

[ Download | View ]

Name: maamcmty.zip

Size: 3,597,255 Date: 06-06-2005 Downloads: 3,753

FS2004 Normandy American Cemetery Scenery. Scenery of the cemetery at Colleville-Sur-Mer, France overlooking Omaha Beach. By MAAM-SIM, Bill Womack and Holger Sandmann.

Probably not as complete as the payware version, but it'll do. Don't know if it might work in FSX - I haven't tried.

Skyknight_TN