Cincinatti (KY) to El Paso

Being doing some long haul tubeliner stuff while learning ADE on my old computer. Here is a couple shot of the flight followed by my draft results of the new airport I'm building :rolleyes:

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

Into El Paso

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr019.jpg

The experiment:

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

Stay tuned for more adventure....

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice shots. So you use ADE to build airports? Do you make your own building, hangars etc?

Thanks! Yes, using ADE. I’m just using the stock objects that come with ADE at this point. I‘be downloading a bunch of other objects but not sure how to import them to ADE yet. I haven’t got that far. But it’s really cool doing this! The last 4 shots are what I’m working on so far. It’s far from being ready to use.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking good so far David. I admire your quest to build airports. :cool: :cool: I don't have that kind of skill or commitment. :(

Thanks Larry. It’s just a lot of research, reading and my friend You Tube :D It’s just amazing that each of us have our areas that we enjoy digging deeper into the hobby.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A Multi-functional kind of guy, I tell you! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Or multiple/split personality guy :D I have issues... he he he!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'It’s far from being ready to use. ' Great start; mostly now the taxiways

Once ADE mastered at a minimum, the other good idea is to turn to the freeware FS Earth Tiles (check generally, also, at my site http://flightlessons.6te.net/tutmodap.htm). FS Earth tiles, allows to make fine photoreal textures working with a ADE-built aiport (that just needs somewhat to realign ADE objects -- including runways, taxiways, etc. )

Like I'm writing on my site, the main idea in terms of those freeware tools, is to adjust the learning curve's time to the usefulness one gets from! :):) And my other idea is to keep mostly with FSX default objects (as the results often blends easier into)

Edited by flightsimg
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

'It’s far from being ready to use. ' Great start; mostly now the taxiways

Once ADE mastered at a minimum, the other good idea is to turn to the freeware FS Earth Tiles (check generally, also, at my site http://flightlessons.6te.net/tutmodap.htm). FS Earth tiles, allows to make fine photoreal textures working with a ADE-built aiport (that just needs somewhat to realign ADE objects -- including runways, taxiways, etc. )

Like I'm writing on my site, the main idea in terms of those freeware tools, is to adjust the learning curve's time to the usefulness one gets from! :):) And my other idea is to keep mostly with FSX default objects (as the results often blends easier into)

Thanks Gerard! I've put in a lot more detail on the airport since those shots. You are right, it's far from ready. Thanks for the additional information. The one thing that's bugging me right now is my wind socks are not showing up! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very well done David! Creating scenery, I envy your skills Sir! :cool::cool::cool:

Thank you kindly! Looking forward to the complete project :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"my wind socks are not showing up! "

They should! at least default ADE ones (through the menu Add, left click on the scenery) I checked one on one of my terrains, I'd built from scratch; it appears and works

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

They should! at least default ADE ones (through the menu Add, left click on the scenery) I checked one on one of my terrains, I'd built from scratch; it appears and works

Thanks again, I'll give that a shot!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Gerard, no luck. I moved this topic to scenery design so it's not in this forum. Here is the link:

Wind Sock Problem

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done David, I have tried using ADE and for some reason it doesn't like me, I'm ok with the old AFCAD program, I keep trying to remove some taxiway signs from one airport but they still show.

They annoy me some are in the middle of the taxiway, when aircraft go through them it looks silly.

Col.

Well done David, I have tried using ADE and for some reason it doesn't like me, I'm ok with the old AFCAD program, I keep trying to remove some taxiway signs from one airport but they still show.

They annoy me some are in the middle of the taxiway, when aircraft go through them it looks silly.

Col.

These projects are quite a challenge ;)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oh how i miss that ole NW Airlines!!

Same here. Used to fly on them out of DTW until Delta bought them.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]