Getting blurry scenery with Orbx scenery

zap51

I have switched over from FSX to Steam almost a year ago. Since then, I have noticed it takes Orbx scenery a very long time to load up. It looks blurry. I didn't have this problem with FSX. When I flew into a town, all the buildings were loaded and detailed. I can't remember the settings I had on FSX. I have a pic below as an example of what I'm talking about as far as blurry. Any suggestions how to regain smooth loading scenery? Thanks.

Specs:

Gateway FX6840-03e

Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10

I7 processor 860

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

1TB Hard Drive

8GB DDR3 Memory

Blurry Scenery.jpg

I have switched over from FSX to Steam almost a year ago. Since then, I have noticed it takes Orbx scenery a very long time to load up. It looks blurry. I didn't have this problem with FSX. When I flew into a town, all the buildings were loaded and detailed. I can't remember the settings I had on FSX. I have a pic below as an example of what I'm talking about as far as blurry. Any suggestions how to regain smooth loading scenery? Thanks.

Specs:

Gateway FX6840-03e

Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10

I7 processor 860

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

1TB Hard Drive

8GB DDR3 Memory

In your fsx.cfg check your setting for TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD in the [Graphics] section and set it to 4096.

Remember also that if you change any display settings directly in the sim the setting above will revert to the default 1024.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If his system was ok on boxed fsx it should be ok for steam. Surely it has to be a settings issue?

Cheers

Stinger

Could simply be a forgotten change to proper HDD management - use a `clever` defragmentation utility NOT the inbuilt Windows rubbish, and ensure the HDD has at least 50% free space.

In your fsx.cfg check your setting for TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD in the [Graphics] section and set it to 4096.

Remember also that if you change any display settings directly in the sim the setting above will revert to the default 1024.

Cheers

Stinger

I went to my tsx.cfg for TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD and it is already set to 4096. I went to my fsxse.cfg and it's TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD is set to 4096 as well.

2.8 GHz and ORBX in the same package? I rest my case.

Besides upgrading the graphics card, you need a faster CPU as well.

Jorgen

I agree, not the optimal system. I wish I was in the position to upgrade my PC, especially with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 coming out soon. However, I did have my FSX running at a more than acceptable level with ORBX. None of the issues I am having now. I lowered the target frame rate from unlimited to 30. I also use preview DirectX 10 on and plan to buy the

DX10 Scenery Fixer. Hopefully this will make a difference on my next flight. Thanks for your responses.