Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carenado TBM-850 Issues

1. Default

Awesome, thanks a ton for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    1. extract the .cab to a subfolder of the same name inside the gauges folder
    2. rename the original .cab ("fs9gps.cab.orig" for example) (a) to take it out of commission and (b) to store it for backup
    3. make my edits, this could go on for days, the gauges will work just fine in the subfolder, there's really no need to re-cab at all
    4. if I'm done and I know I'm not going to edit the gauges anymore I'll re-cab with cabdir.exe and delete the folder
    In theory, step 2a isn't needed. If both a CAB and a folder with the same name exist, the folder will take priority.
    In practice, I never re-cab. I think the gain, if any, is marginal.

Wim

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by f16jockey_2 View Post
    In theory, step 2a isn't needed. If both a CAB and a folder with the same name exist, the folder will take priority
    I am actually aware of that and if I'm not mistaken a subfolder inside the aircraft's panel folder takes priority over a subfolder in the gauges folder too, correct? The problem is (or at least, was) that this prioritizing is broken in P3D and that's what I use. TBH I haven't tried it in P3D v4, maybe it's fixed, this was P3D v3 I had the problem with IIRC.

I don't think there's any gain at all re-cabbing the gauges, in fact I used to un-cab all my gauges in FS9 and on some aircraft I swear I saw an increase in performance, the good ole Ken Mitchel A320 panel specifically.

Remember those days? And the iFDG Airbus line? And then this newfangled team came along and released an airbus they called "Project Airbus"? I'm glad I was a simmer during those times, that was right in the middle of the FS9 freeware boom, good times to be a flight simmer!

4. Default

I was able to package it back up and it working great, thanks for the help.

On another note, does this model have any audible altitude alerts, such as 1000 feet to go for a selected altitude?

5. Default

Sorry, but I was wondering about a few more things. I also get the Master Warning a lot when I increase the power, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure where to fix this.

Also, The VS/SPD/FLC wheel in the autopilot panel is reversed. Spinning the mouse wheel up or clicking at the top or "DN" position actually increases the VS or SPD setting instead of decreasing. The same is true for the bottom or "UP" position. Spinning or clicking decreases the numbers, the opposite of what's expected.

Has anyone adjusted these? I looked through the xml and found where the button and wheel actions are but I have no idea what coding controls which functions and where I would reverse the increments. It's more annoying than anything but I keep starting in the wrong direction out of what's expected.

6. Default

I don't have the TBM but are you saying if you roll the mousewheel away from you the VS increases? It should decrease when you roll it away from you (forward, like you were rolling the nose of the airplane downward) and increase when you pull it towards you (rolling the nose up). That's what I would consider correct anyway but either way you can easily reverse it. I recently fixed this problem on the CRJ-700 autopilot. The solution was <MouseWheelFlip>True</MouseWheelFlip>, see below:

Code:
                <MouseArea id="VS Wheel">
                    <FloatPosition>475.000,15.000</FloatPosition>
                    <Size>19,64</Size>
                    <MouseArea id="Decrement">
                        <FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
                        <Size>19,32</Size>
                        <CursorType>DownArrow</CursorType>
                        <MouseClick id="MouseClick">
                            <Script>
                            	1 (&gt;K:AP_VS_VAR_DEC)
                            	(G:Var5, number)
                            	10 - s0
                            	0 &lt;
                            	if{ 30 } els{ l0 }
                            	(&gt;G:Var5, number)
                            </Script>
                            <ClickRepeat>True</ClickRepeat>
                            <MouseWheelFlip>True</MouseWheelFlip>
                        </MouseClick>
                    </MouseArea>
                    <MouseArea id="Increment">
                        <FloatPosition>0.000,32.000</FloatPosition>
                        <Size>19,32</Size>
                        <CursorType>UpArrow</CursorType>
                            <Script>
                            	1 (&gt;K:AP_VS_VAR_INC)
                            	10 + s0
                            	30 &gt;
                            	if{ 0 (&gt;G:Var5) } els{ l0 }
                            	(&gt;G:Var5, number)
                            </Script>
                        </MouseClick>
                    </MouseArea>
                    <Tooltip id="Tooltip">
                        <DefaultId>TOOLTIPTEXT_AUTOPILOT_VSI_INDICATOR_FTMIN</DefaultId>
                        <MetricId>TOOLTIPTEXT_AUTOPILOT_VSI_INDICATOR_MS</MetricId>
                        <EnglishId>TOOLTIPTEXT_AUTOPILOT_VSI_INDICATOR_FTMIN</EnglishId>
                    </Tooltip>
                </MouseArea>

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maggit View Post
    Hi there, I'd like to know what you did to save the settings for the MFD. I found the cab file that has the G1000 xml inside and I extracted it out then edited the MFD settings. However, I don't know how to put the edited file back into the cab. Is this what you did? Any help is appreciated!
    maggit, you can use the SDK\SimObject Creation Kit\Cabdir SDK\Cabdir.exe utility to recreate the .CAB file. Make sure to backup your original before overwriting.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    I don't have the TBM but are you saying if you roll the mousewheel away from you the VS increases? It should decrease when you roll it away from you (forward, like you were rolling the nose of the airplane downward) and increase when you pull it towards you (rolling the nose up). That's what I would consider correct anyway but either way you can easily reverse it. I recently fixed this problem on the CRJ-700 autopilot. The solution was <MouseWheelFlip>True</MouseWheelFlip>, see below:

Code:
                <MouseArea id="VS Wheel">
                    <FloatPosition>475.000,15.000</FloatPosition>
                    <Size>19,64</Size>
                    <MouseArea id="Decrement">
                        <FloatPosition>0.000,0.000</FloatPosition>
                        <Size>19,32</Size>
                        <CursorType>DownArrow</CursorType>
                            <Script>
                            	1 (>K:AP_VS_VAR_DEC)
                            	10 - s0
                            	0 <
                            	if{ 30 } els{ l0 }
                            	(>G:Var5, number)
                            </Script>
                        </MouseClick>
                    </MouseArea>
                    <MouseArea id="Increment">
                        <FloatPosition>0.000,32.000</FloatPosition>
                        <Size>19,32</Size>
                        <CursorType>UpArrow</CursorType>
                            <Script>
                            	1 (>K:AP_VS_VAR_INC)
                            	10 + s0
                            	30 >
                            	if{ 0 (>G:Var5) } els{ l0 }
                            	(>G:Var5, number)
                            </Script>
                        </MouseClick>
                    </MouseArea>
                    <Tooltip id="Tooltip">
                        <DefaultId>TOOLTIPTEXT_AUTOPILOT_VSI_INDICATOR_FTMIN</DefaultId>
                        <MetricId>TOOLTIPTEXT_AUTOPILOT_VSI_INDICATOR_MS</MetricId>
                        <EnglishId>TOOLTIPTEXT_AUTOPILOT_VSI_INDICATOR_FTMIN</EnglishId>
                    </Tooltip>
                </MouseArea>
    Awesome, thanks. The problem with 2.1 of the TBM is it seems to have changed to a mouse click instead of a WheelUp or down command. the top and bottom of the wheel has a click spot and those work correctly but rolling the mouse wheel behaves as Windows expects, I suppose since it's a click spot and not the Wheel code as in what you put above. this code is very confusing.

I'll keep playing with it but thanks for the help.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kjrusse View Post
    maggit, you can use the SDK\SimObject Creation Kit\Cabdir SDK\Cabdir.exe utility to recreate the .CAB file. Make sure to backup your original before overwriting.
    Got it, thank you.

Also, how did you fix the master caution light? I'm seeing the same problem with the Master Warning. it comes on every time i increase the power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2