ATC Sound Problem

Jim Hall

All of a sudden, I can't hear the ATC. I can hear the engine and see the scroll text but no sound for ATC. I checked my sound setting and it looks good. What happened?
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

I am not using headphones for ATC sounds though I would appreciate a recommendation for which ones to buy as my wife lacks appreciation for what she says is "noise". As for my problem stated above, I have checked off "Use pilot voice" and have the same "Default Device" as other sounds and as I said, I can hear the engines and see the text scrolling by but no voices.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Try going into your main FSX folder, then go to sound, then ATC. there should be an ASOS folder and a USEnglishBig.gvp file. In the ASOS folder there should be a file named USEnglishASOS.gvp. Make sure that is all there!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The files were there and so I Googled my problem and read all the responses. There was one that sounded stupid but the guy acknowledged it sounded stupid but it worked for him, and others. In the Sound Settings, set the default speakers on the left side and different speakers on the right for ATC. He said it works--and it did for me too! Good thing I'm not computer savvy enough to think about it or I would be scared.