Running instruments on 2 monitors behind a mip 737 panel

DeltaAplhaKilo70

Hi all

could you help please

i am building a full size 737 cockpit using 3 projectors on a large 120 degree curved screen

when i run the p3dv4 software the projector image side is fine with warpalizer looking after the warping..

but main problem is how do i Run instruments on 2 monitors behind a mip 737 panel with the same computer ??

regards

paul

Running instruments on 2 monitors behind a mip 737 panel

What 737 are you using as your simulator? I use I-Fly 737NG for P3DV4 as the simulator and I use the I-Fly Cockpit Builders Edition for P3dV4 on a second computer to display the PFD, ND, Secondary Flight Instruments, both Upper and Lower EICAS Display MFD's on 2 monitors behind the MIP panel and a 10" monitor for the lower Engine MFD next to the FMC CDU.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I was gonna say on a setup such as you are building I would suggest looking into a 2nd computer just to handle the gauges/glass displays. I do that with my 3-across displays and then a 2nd PC with a 16x9 16" display for gauges, moving map, Super Traffic Board (or just watch TV during a flight, ha!). Keeps the load on the first PC dedicated to the scenery. Just a thought.

I agree. I have tried every possible way of having 1 computer run the simulator, aircraft and systems, outside world graphics and run the glass cockpit MFD's, secondary instruments, etc. And don't forget whatever program you use to operate all the switches and LED Indicators on your MIP and Overhead Panels. This program also has to be running (with possibly others) in tandem with P3DV4 to get your simulator working properly. So this taxes a single computer too much with today's 64 Bit Flight Simulators and all the addons and accessories, not to mention a full blown 737 Cockpit (as I have). My humble opinion is (depending on how complex of a cockpit system you are building) is to have at least 2 computers running your cockpit as mentioned by Clutch Cargo. I just have a pilot's side 737NG cockpit with just the pilot's cockpit due to basement room space limitations and I also just fly alone. I have no friends that come over to be a co-pilot and are not interested in my hobby so I just built a single seat 737NG Flight Simulator. But seriously, you are going to have to have more than 1 computer to run any cockpit build.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.