Thread: Article: PMDG Releases 737NGXu For Prepar3D v4

Blog Entries

Default Article: PMDG Releases 737NGXu For Prepar3D v4

Blog Entries

I cannot pay a $100.00 for a piece of simulator software. Yes, I know the quality is great but I still cant justify that kind of money for it.

3. Default

As I've already spent big bucks on the original 737NG addon, it's really hard to justify spending another $100 for the upgrade! Yes, it's nice that there's a discount tied to the upcoming Microsoft flight sim, but those of us that already have it should be given a discount too!

I just bought the B737-6-7-8-9 NGX for P3Dv4.5 in August 2019, and now PMDG wants another $100 USD for an upgrade which should be free, this is bad business sense.
    PMDG put a sale on an older product to get people to buy it then 3 months later release an update, thanks but no thanks I'm retire and paying another $100 dollars for an update is ridiculous.

Blog Entries

The overpricing of addons is a way of destroying our hobby. Too many have made Flight Sim so expensive that they and many others are loosing sales by the day. A really bad situation seems to be on the horizon because of this practice. Too many greedy developers will eventually diminish the market and the hobby.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sky44 View Post
    The overpricing of addons is a way of destroying our hobby. Too many have made Flight Sim so expensive that they and many others are loosing sales by the day. A really bad situation seems to be on the horizon because of this practice. Too many greedy developers will eventually diminish the market and the hobby.
    Well said!
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by jd4pm View Post
    I just bought the B737-6-7-8-9 NGX for P3Dv4.5 in August 2019, and now PMDG wants another $100 USD for an upgrade which should be free, this is bad business sense.
    PMDG put a sale on an older product to get people to buy it then 3 months later release an update, thanks but no thanks I'm retire and paying another $100 dollars for an update is ridiculous.
    Why I switched to iFly yonky donks ago. Same product with more options, and much cheaper with often free updates.

Suckers like to be ripped off though. And fan boi’s love brand loyalty despite the obvious scams sometimes.

Oh well.

I wonder if there will be another type of crime, I can see the headline now:

Man caught breaking in to house to steal, he said he was going to sell the stuff he stole to get money for his new hobby Flight Simulator.
    The judge said he understand his frustration with the price of certain addons, but still the law is the law, he recommended the culprit to take therapy courses to get him off Flight Sim though he realises this is a tall order.

Just kidding by the way but yes a lot of simmers can't afford that kind of money, me included.

Col.